Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Those Little Mirrored Boxes< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 07 2008, 07:38

Do those little mirrored boxes, which appear on the side of some of the corridors in the spaceship, serve any useful purpose, or do they exist simply to take medals from the unwary?

Another question: four medals are needed for the portal at the end of the galaxies tunnel. I've found that if you reach the portal with only one, and then try to retreat back up the tunnel, it mysteriously closes off and you're stuck! Is there another way out of this world under such circumstances?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: June 07 2008, 09:37

Quote (nightspore @ June 07 2008, 12:38)
Do those little mirrored boxes, which appear on the side of some of the corridors in the spaceship, serve any useful purpose, or do they exist simply to take medals from the unwary?

They are mildly useful. They offer a way of getting rid of medals if you want to go through a particular portal but have collected too many medals and therefore can't get through.

Another question: four medals are needed for the portal at the end of the galaxies tunnel. I've found that if you reach the portal with only one, and then try to retreat back up the tunnel, it mysteriously closes off and you're stuck! Is there another way out of this world under such circumstances?

I've never done that, so I don't know!
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 07 2008, 10:22

I'm systematically revisiting all the worlds in preparation for an attempt at the 24 medal quest. I visited Crater this evening (evening here in Australia, anyway!;). With regard to the book in the library dome there, I notice that it has avatar-like qualities... certainly it moved about and I somehow lost it. I did notice, however, that adjacent to the Jets world the book has a world labeled "Asteroids". I snapped a picture of this book if one is wanted for the guide.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: June 07 2008, 10:24

A few of the "specific number of medal" pyramids, do that capture thing to me too.

If I approach with the wrong number of medals, all goes dark and I seem to be stuck. But if you keep backing away, flying like a headless chicken, you will eventually get free. Usually to find yourself on the roof of the chamber upside down  :D

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 07 2008, 20:54

I find the best way to escape is to head for the floor and crawl away from the portal. But as I said the portal/world leading to the atomium is particularly unforgiving: go down that tunnel with the wrong number of medals and you're trapped for good (as far as I can tell).
Profile PM 
4 replies since June 07 2008, 07:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net