Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: There's A Crises, Most Annoying Grammatical Error?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 892 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 13 2011, 10:37

Quote (Ugo @ June 13 2011, 09:21)
@ Syd: Caroline, although it is US-only (I think), is identical to Disky in that they're both smaller companies which issued budget-priced reprints of material from the Virgin catalogue, of course licensed by Virgin. (Yes, they've also reprinted Virgin's HDCD remasters.) Their packaging is often careless. Just to quote another example, I've got two copies of the Five Miles Out CD, Virgin and Disky. The Virgin copy features the lyrics for "The Deep Deep Sound" on the booklet's second-to-last page, printed in grey on a grey background. The Disky copy, in the same spot, features just some undistinguished grey blurs. :)

Yeah, there's a lot of weird little companies out there - there's a company in South America that produces illegal Genesis albums with shitloads of errors in the booklets. I ordered a copy of The Lamb from them (before I knew they were illegitimate) and they sent me two disc ones and no disc two.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 13 2011, 22:16

I remember for a time bootlegs could be legally produced in Italy. I bought a very slick package containing Pink Floyd's "The Man" and "The Journey" about 15 years ago. I've no idea whether Italy eventually changed their laws.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 14 2011, 06:43

@ nightspore: no, we didn't - at least partly. CD bootlegs are illegal in Italy and it is forbidden to sell concert recordings, but DVD bootlegs (like for example concert films, often of rather poor quality) are fully legal and regularily sold in shops. :) However, I do remember in the early Nineties a couple of Eric Clapton boots being sold in shops: the final concert of his "24 Nights" series at the RAH in London (which includes Michael Kamen's famous "Concerto for Electric Guitar and Orchestra", otherwise unreleased) and his full session for MTV Unplugged (which includes early versions of two songs from his later Pilgrim album). The latter is still available on the Web as An Acoustic Tale.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: June 14 2011, 08:23

Quote (nightspore @ June 13 2011, 22:16)
I remember for a time bootlegs could be legally produced in Italy. I bought a very slick package containing Pink Floyd's "The Man" and "The Journey" about 15 years ago. I've no idea whether Italy eventually changed their laws.

In America, I believe the artist can restrict people from recording their concerts, but once something is recorded, you can download (or trade physical copies) to your heart's content - as long as you pay nothing. If you pay money for a bootleg, both you and the seller can get in trouble.

Oh, and I have an MP3 of a concert where the Floyd played "the Man" and "the Journey". Most of it is stuff that was either regurgitated later or that they had already done earlier. Still cool though.
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: June 15 2011, 10:40

Quote (nightspore @ June 10 2011, 21:31)
You've just convinced me to get a copy and read it  :laugh:

Well, don't say I didn't warn you!

While you're at it, try Rick Wakeman's crime novel "The Missing Moog" or Lemmy from Hawkwind/Motorhead's tender tale of a fighter pilot turned allotment gardener "Ace of Spades".

Sadly, neither of those novels exists.
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2018, 18:27

What I cannot help wondering on every spin of "Crises" is why no-one mentioned to Mike that the singular of Crises is Crisis, and that therefore the lyric "I need you by my side 'cause there's a crises" is horribly wrong.

A small point, I'll admit but it irritates the hell out of this English Lit. graduate.

7 years later: no, no: it's "There's a cry: 'seize!'"  :cool:
Profile PM 
25 replies since June 02 2011, 10:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net