Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Time Has Come (KJV Mix)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
scojat Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 20 2005, 23:18

I did this a few years ago. Don't know if anyone will appreciate it but...I hope so.

Scojat

http://www.ticon.net/~jets/oldfield/thetimehascome(kjvmix).mp3
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 21 2005, 19:29

Interesting mix. I like the effect the reading aloud gives. :)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
scojat Offline

Posted: April 19 2012, 05:16

I created this mix back in 2001 and finally got around to posting it in 2005 in this forum. Upon my long-overdue revisit to this website tonight, I spotted the broken link and made the fix, as you will find below.

Was Oldfield referring to Jesus Christ in these lyrics? You be the judge.

As stated in other posts, the lyrics are vague and suggestive but there are similarities to biblical text, albeit paraphrased.

"I feel him near" (I will never leave you)
"the child was born to be a king" (Where is the baby who was born to be the king of the Jews? - Herod)
"tamed the wild wind" (What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the sea obey him)
"the birds and beasts he knew" (born in a manger - wild beasts in desert - shekel in fish, etc.)
"someone who would be true" (who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth)
"the tall gates he passed through" (when Christ returns, He will enter Jerusalem through Jerusalem's Eastern Gate)
"a thousand years to stay" (and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years)
"someone who knows no fear" (he was only "troubled" with the great task at hand in Gethsemane).

I guess some could say the lyrics mean anything they want. Many people do the same with their faith, and with their God, even when evidence is right in front of their nose :)

I also believe this world is ready for a real king...one who I am sure would be honored to have Oldfield perform this song for him:)

The Time Has Come Christ Mix

Scojat
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 19 2012, 05:23

Based on the Wind Chimes video project I had always thought the text more to do with Egyption mythology rather than Christian? Though who knows! Could be to do with any/all/none or something more subtle completely :)

The Time Has Come video

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
scojat Offline

Posted: April 19 2012, 05:49

I guess we won't know exactly what MO was thinking unless he chimes in himself!  :)
Profile PM 
4 replies since April 20 2005, 23:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net