Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The stab sound at the fast guitar riff section, How to get it??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DelfĂ­n Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 10 2011, 22:42

It's a very trebled synthed sound that counterpoints the lead guitar in the fast riff section, just before the 'Crises, Crises' vocal part.

I'm working on a personal version of 'Crises' but although I work with nice tools I'm finding it hard to find a likely sound for that part.

Any clue would be welcome.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 11 2011, 19:39

I can't give you an exact reference for Crises, but if I remember correctly a very similar sound is used at the beginning of Amarok. Just after the very first fast riff in 5/4 on acoustic 12-string has finished playing, the first loud sound you hear is that one. It's a compound of at least two "Orchestra Hit" presets from at least two keyboards. As Mike was using lots of Korg stuff at the time, I'd imagine it's something by Korg on Amarok. On Crises, it may well be an "Orchestra Hit" sample on the Fairlight CMI. It was one of the most popular samples on that machine.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
1 replies since Aug. 10 2011, 22:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net