Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Space Movie at the NFT< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 26 2009, 17:35

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ July 25 2009, 13:04)
But you've got a great car for the highway, Inkanta! Love the tubular bells sticker and the Amarok license plate! ;)

Alas poor car....I have a different convertible now--a frost green Sebring, and when I moved to New York State, had to switch license plates because someone already has AMAROK. Had I known that, I'd have not moved here. :D That would have been it! (Just kidding...I think.) So now, the license plate is ORABIDOO.  Half the time I think it is OMMADAWN, and even started explaining, when asked by my daughter's math tutor, the meaning of OMMADAWN before remembering that she wanted to know about ORABIDOO. Also had a carload of women stop me at a rest area to ask about it. The car is fun to drive on the highway in good weather, which we certainly got to do on holiday last week and the week before. Handles well in the snow, gets good gas mileage for a non-hybrid, as well.

Mix--Re: the movie....I wish they'd avail it elsewhere, too. We have a great independent film theatre in Ithaca that would be the perfect venue for it. :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 27 2009, 04:29

Quote (Inkanta @ July 26 2009, 17:35)
Mix--Re: the movie....I wish they'd avail it elsewhere, too. We have a great independent film theatre in Ithaca that would be the perfect venue for it. :)

Well I'd keep your eyes open y'all. The Space Movie is being shown as part of a series of moon related films to mark the 40th anniversary of the first moon landing. There may well be other moon events at cinemas around the world at venues we are unlikely to hear about here.

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 04 2009, 11:32

Quote (Inkanta @ July 26 2009, 23:35)
Quote (Blue Dolphin @ July 25 2009, 13:04)
But you've got a great car for the highway, Inkanta! Love the tubular bells sticker and the Amarok license plate! ;)

Alas poor car....I have a different convertible now--a frost green Sebring, and when I moved to New York State, had to switch license plates because someone already has AMAROK. Had I known that, I'd have not moved here. :D That would have been it! (Just kidding...I think.) So now, the license plate is ORABIDOO.  Half the time I think it is OMMADAWN, and even started explaining, when asked by my daughter's math tutor, the meaning of OMMADAWN before remembering that she wanted to know about ORABIDOO. Also had a carload of women stop me at a rest area to ask about it. The car is fun to drive on the highway in good weather, which we certainly got to do on holiday last week and the week before. Handles well in the snow, gets good gas mileage for a non-hybrid, as well.

Well, Orabidoo is cool too!!! :D (one of my favourites too). How do people respond when you tell them that it actually has no meaning and is a song by Mike Oldfield? (probably something like "who?")

It's so funny... we don't have this system here in the Netherlands at all, where one can choose a name for his/her license plate. We only have numbers and digits, which are chosen when the car is imported / manufactured. Where do you go if you want to choose a name?

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
22 replies since July 19 2009, 14:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net