Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Space Movie, Testpressing Recording< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Iksion Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 04 2006, 18:49

Can someone explain me what is thet? I mean...i never heared for thet. :( il be gled thet someone explain it to me.

--------------
Im crazy old man,
Im dressed in red,
I drink sky like honey,
enough i have said.
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2006, 03:15

Quote (Airborne @ Sep. 30 2006, 09:40)
There are no remixes, only edits and voiceovers.

What's this then:

Space Evocation

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2006, 18:16

Space Evocation is just an extract from the official Space Movie film and video release. The proposed (then shelved) 2 disc set was something entirely different. Philip Newell worked on these discs after the Exposed tour, supposedly to capitalise on the release of the film, which happened to coincide with the 10th Anniversary of the first Moon landing (i.e. July 1979). The music intended for release on the discs is as described previously and does not contain this alternative Incantations section (The Spell of Creation). Which, I assume, was an early mix and appeared on the Tony Palmer's film before Mike changed his mind about it for general release on the album Incantations. So, for the proposed discs Philip Newell produced just edits of the album version of Incantations mixed with voices.
Profile PM 
dM Flimp Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2006, 10:46

Never mind my other comment, I think this guys B.S.ing us.
Im not beleiving it unless he has proof.
And ive found a download of it and it's very good, but
if its on vinyl and nobody knew who it was, it could of
been heavily damaged.I hope yer hearing this zinc.
BS

sry

--------------
Kraftwerk

Wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn.
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal,
Die Sonne scheint mit Glitzerstrahl.
Profile PM 
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Posted: Oct. 18 2006, 07:29

Thanks to David for clarifying that the video soundtrack and the LP are different.  This is a question that I have been asking for some time.  This makes me much less inclined to search out the CD version of the LP that is supposedly out there - but I will nevertheless!

I understand now that those small snippets of Incantations have been taken from the video soundtrack not the Space Movie LP - another mystery solved.

So - has anyone tried to contact Zinc to find out if he really does have this LP?
Profile PM 
ljesper Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2006, 04:21

I dont think that he has that record, if he has it, he should have answered the questions that we asked.

//Jesper
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 20 2006, 10:02

He hasn't logged in since 27 August, so unless he's visiting as a guest he's not been around, for whatever reason, to see the ensuing discussion. He has been a registered member since 2000, so hmmm....hope everything is all right.  Someone might try emailing him. You could PM, but unless he gets PM notifications to his email addie, he'd not know about them.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
paul@mikeoldfield.org Offline

Posted: Nov. 03 2006, 08:19

I've emailed Zinc a few weeks ago, but I've not had a reply.  I've since tracked down the person that claims to have a CD copy of the LP - and hope to get my hands on that soon :-)

I'll report back once I have heard it!

Paul
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2006, 12:04

I have 2 x CD copy of the Space Movie album. If anyone would like a copy please email me at atmos@pheric.wanadoo.co.uk

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2006, 16:04

Quote (paul@mikeoldfield.org @ Sep. 21 2006, 16:40)
Also I saw a CD on ebay a few years ago which was supposedly a digital copy - the user was something like atmospheric, does anyone on this forum have a copy of that recording and can they let us know what it contains and if it differs from the video soundtrack.

Well, looks like Paul's question has been answered, but rather than ask Simon via e-mail, could he please let us know what's on the CD's?

I think what we want to know is if this CD is just a straight recording of the films soundtrack, or if the acetates/test pressing mentioned at the beginning of this thread have different mixes (especially the early Incantations stuff).

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2006, 04:53

No it is not the film soundtrack, it is from the acetate. Track listing is as listed on the previous page by Airbourne. The Incantations 1-4 are edits, not remixes as the track listing suggests, although there is speech from the movie mixed in in places. This 2 disc set was originally issued a few years ago as VERY LIMITED factory pressed silver CDs (we are possibly talking of numbers between 10 & 50. If anyone knows how many please let me know) when someone from a German fansite was given access to the original recordings to put them onto CD. I learnt this from Peter Evans who wrote the Music From The Darkness book. Unfortunately I do not own a silver disc copy, only a CDR copy taken from one. Hope this clears it up for everyone. :)

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 
30 replies since Mar. 11 2006, 16:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net