Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Seventh Tree by Goldfrapp, Nice !!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
3Wheeler Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 25 2008, 07:33

I got "Seventh Tree" today and got to say its a Really nice Album... Very much Folk Rock .. It could of been the follow up to Felt mountain as its very traditional sounding overall.. Bits of nice Guitar in it and Kooky Synths .. Will Gregory is certainly a Master Composer... This is the sort of Album to chill out to at night .."Some People" is a class song Kate Bush would be proud of...   well MOTs isnt to far off now so its a good few weeks for me.. :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2008, 11:26

This is my favourite album of the year so far along with the new Joe Jakson album.Like you say 3wheeler it certainly has more in common with their debut Felt Mountain than their last two.And I dare say it will probablly alienate a lot of the dancey/pop fans they may have picked up with their last two albums.Although I  enjoyed both of those records as well.There`s just so many beautiful moments on this album though I think they`ve really surpassed themselves myself.The first track clowns is a real gem.A kind of Nick Drake meets Kate Bush in an English country field somewhere with John Barry conducting an orchestra behind them.Just one of many highlights for me.I think I`ll be listening to this album a lot over the coming months.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 18:20

I love this albumtoo. First few times it did nothing for me, though it was pleasant enough & a couple of tracks stood out as quite good, but  the last couple of days I have really thoroughly got into it. Her voice is gorgeous and it's a real sound of summer. I only have Supernature & liked that a lot for different reasons, a whole different energy, but this is very, very good. And will last. :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2008, 03:56

Off to see "Goldfrapp" on Saturday Night at Wolverhampton Civic..  Tickets still available which is surprising..

Not sure what the Set List will be.. But I guess there will be a lot off the "Seventh Tree" album..  Be Interesting to see what the Audience Age range is for this one  !!    A Few Hippys and a few 70s Glam rock fans in the Mix me thinks

:cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2008, 05:59

The Civic was packed out Last Night.. And Rightly So..  My 1st Live Goldfrapp gig.. Audience was mixed with quite a few Oldies & Folk types attending no doubt on the Back of the "7th Tree CD" recording..  
                            What transpired over the next hour and a bit was amazing .. Basically apart from a few Quieter numbers it was a good old fashioned "Tear up" with the "Supernature"  "Black Cherry"albums featured heavily..
The musicians in the Band are "Top Draw" .. Goldfrapp make amazing CDs. and yet the Live Performance Betters Those.. Always a "Good Sign".. reminds me a bit of "T Rex" in places..
Alison Goldfrapp doesnt say a Lot but oodles Stage Personality.  
                 Well Impressed anyway.. Dont miss out seeing them if you get the Chance
 :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2008, 07:17

I love Goldfrapp, got all their albums and DVD's, they are great.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Bleat Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2008, 19:02

I love "7th Tree" too.....brilliant album...just love the chilled out retro psychadelic feel of the whole album. :)

I love "Black Cherry" also,amazing sounds and compositions ....Goldfrapp are definitely at the top of my favourite "modern" bands list.. :cool:

Bleat
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: July 15 2013, 06:09

I Bet Mike Would Love to Fly his Model Plane alongside Alison .:)
Looks like The New Album is going to Be goody..

http://www.goldfrapp.com/

--------------
Profile PM 
7 replies since Feb. 25 2008, 07:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net