Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The original Crises painting, Exhibition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ilott2022 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 10 2022, 13:02

Hello all, I'm wondering if any of you can help please. My Father, Terry Ilott, painted the original Sea of Crises painting used for the Crises album cover. My dad passed away in 2019 and a retrospective of his work is being held in July.
We are really keen to feature the original painting (which Mike bought) in the exhibition but unfortunately we have no contact details for either Mike or his representatives. It's a bit of a long shot and I've had no luck so far. Does anyone know who Mike's management company is or have any suggestions for a possible starting point please?
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2022, 02:11

Hello and welcome. I have always found the album artwork to be one of Mike's most striking, your dad's painting is great.
I suppose you could try and contact him through Facebook, or the old fashioned way of writing him a letter, I am sure even if you don't know his address, just his name would mean it should arrive at his house on the Bahamas. Another way would be to contact Caroline Monk, she used to be Mike's P.A. for several years, she is on social media. Another avenue could be Pepsi Demacque, she used to sing with Mike for several years, she and her husband now run a yacht hiring business on St. Lucia called Jus' Sail.
Profile PM 
Ilott2022 Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2022, 03:04

Thanks so much for the kind words and for the suggestions - they are really helpful and I'm going to try all three avenues. Many thanks again. If we have any luck I'll be sure to post an update!
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2022, 03:09

Your welcome. :)

Can you please tell us a bit more about how Mike came to use the picture? did he contact your father?
Profile PM 
Ilott2022 Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2022, 04:19

He was introduced to Mike through the sculptor Lyn Chadwick who also lived in Gloucestershire. My dad was delivering some of his paintings to Lyn's house and Mike happened to be there. He liked the paintings and bought one or two. Mike later called my dad and asked if he'd like to do the cover for his next album. He played some the music he was composing for the album and my dad sent him photos as the painting was developing. He sounds like a lovely guy from everything my dad said.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2022, 08:29

Wow, that's an amazing story, thanks for sharing.
Profile PM 
pauken Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2022, 17:56

Hello!

You might also try contacting BMG who own all the publishing rights to his music and presumably have his contact details. Perhaps they can pass a message or your contact details on to Mike for you?

https://www.bmg.com/uk/contact.html

I hope you can get hold of him.

It would be great if you can post a link to the exhibition when it's all ready to go, I'd really like to see it if possible. Will it be in the UK?

Cheers! :)
Profile PM 
Ilott2022 Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2022, 03:33

Thanks for that! I've just emailed BMG so we'll see what they suggest. Thanks for your interest in the exhibition, too. It's being held at the Sixteen Gallery in Cheltenham between the 9th and 24th July this year. When we have more details, I'll be sure to post them here.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2022, 09:14

Have you had any luck contacting Mike?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2022, 20:37

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Jan. 25 2022, 09:14)
Have you had any luck contacting Mike?

If you do, post the address here, so that members can drop in for a cup of tea.
Profile PM 
9 replies since Jan. 10 2022, 13:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net