Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The new rock album Tours, Who should be in teh band?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 19 2013, 19:54

Mike may or may not tour the next "Rock" album. Why would he leave the Bahamas paradise and actually break a sweat - he's 60 dontyaknow? But - he'll need a band to play those new songs.

Does he "get the old band back together" a la Blues Bros, or get new players? Find Phil Spalding's phone or call Nick Beggs? See if Simon Phillips is free or find a local stick man?

Hearing that he's auditioned new vocal talent, I'm hoping he would bring along new Discoveries.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 25 2013, 00:30

The perfect picture of Mike introducing Donald "Duck" Dunn and Mr Fabulous! :laugh:

It could be anyone and everyone.  Last year, I posted a link to Simon Phillips drumming again three years ago with The Michael Schenker Group.  He's not there now but by the time Mike calls he might be committed to Toto or some such.  I guess that Caroline Monk would be first to put out feelers and a musical director would then check his friends list... or rolodeck ;)  Alasdair Malloy's official site has been up for a while now, and his Olympic memory shows who approached him...
http://www.alasdairmalloy.com/notes-by-alasdair/rings-a-bell/

I 'd wager good money on at least a couple of relative youngsters.  And as said before, I'll pay good money if he has the good sense to ask Sia to get involved! :D

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
1 replies since May 19 2013, 19:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net