Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Many Words of Amarok, Pace Patrick Woodford< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 09 2021, 20:16

There has been much discussion on this forum of "the" meaning of the word Amarok, the absurd assumption being that it has one meaning - as if it were possible for a word to have just one meaning anyway.

Putting "Amarok" into a word unscrambler results in lots of possibilities, such as okra and korma - perhaps favorite foods of Mike?

Then there is "oak" and "ram" - together the title of the MICHAEL MOorcock sword and sorcery novel "The Oak and the Ram", which SF critic George Turner dismissed as "hack trash". Could it be that our MO has lowered his talents to ghost write such things? The oak is a Celtic symbol after all, and the Ram is a Zodiac sign.

love? AMOR?  :laugh:  OK
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 10 2021, 21:03

I did put up an article years back where Mike was quoted after being asked what it meant.
I'll go with what he said soooooooooooo
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: July 11 2021, 04:44

Quote (Milamber @ July 11 2021, 02:03)
I did put up an article years back where Mike was quoted after being asked what it meant.
I'll go with what he said soooooooooooo

I would go with that too ;)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 11 2021, 22:10

[quote=Milamber,July 10 2021, 21:03]I did put up an article years back where Mike was quoted after being asked what it meant.
I'll go with what he said soooooooooooo[/quot
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2021, 20:09

Amarok the word keeps morphing semiotically. I was reading about the Kuiper belt object Arrokoth, and it occurred to me that it sounds like "Amarok". In fact if you take "Ma" out of "Amarok" and substitute "Thor" you get "Arrokoth".  :cool:
Profile PM 
4 replies since July 09 2021, 20:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net