[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 'The making of Ommadawn' Video< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 19:43

yes i know! Im glad to share this   :)  
This video i can really see mike and his more shy side. I dont meen  that its positive but you get really near mike with this. I can feel ommadawn comes more close to me.
In one word. Huge!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 20:07

Quote (Tubularman @ Oct. 12 2005, 13:09)
Quote (moonchildhippy @ Oct. 11 2005, 18:23)

Tubularman I don't know where you are in the world, but I can thoroughly recommend Kington/Hergest Ridge area, such spectacular inspiring scenery.  If you get the opportunity to go you won't be dissapointed  :D .

hello again moonchildhippy. I live in norway so its quite near actually. I have been thinking about travel there sometimes. That would be perfect. Is it best to travel there in the summer? or spring? ........

.......My art is not happy art either, its dark, mystic, black and white and not a happy hymn either. My pictures come from what i see the world do with people in a negative way. If they ask about my art i dont know what to say. I just see things happen and my hands paint it. I can hear mike play and what i do is painting the feelings.
Around the bad year 2002 i had a very hard time and ommadawn seems to take a place in my heart then. Just liek what you said; many emotions, anger , sadness, happiness, pleasure, all culminating in a happy ending "On Horseback" (with a happy ending all seem so much better)
Im really deep but must of the tiem i dont show that side. I like to be a happy amarok   :)

if you have interest.. you can look at my links here and see my pictures

;)

Black Moria CastleThe innerchild (tribute to the child who lost love)the dark gateTubular forestanother castle

Hi Tubularman,

Still can't get the entire video to play :( .  WAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!! Piltdown Woman strikes again.

To answer your question I don't think really that there's a best time to visit Kington/Hergest Ridge.  I guess it takes on a different atmosphere at different times of the year.  I visited in July of this year, have taken some photos, some of these are on display at . www.angelfire.com/psy/galadriel/photos .  If this link doesn't work try the one in topic "Hergest Ridge  Visit" as that one works.
BTW The Beacon is now opened up a bed an breakfast, I can reccomend the breakfast, delicious.  www.thetopbeacon,co,uk .  I feel that Mike had left a presence  at  The Beacon and on Hergest Ridge,  not surprising really since Ommadawn was recorded there :) .   I could sit for hours on the balcony watching the moon rise over Kington and the Ridge WOW!!!! BEAUTIFUL,FANTASTIC , in  fact I  did fall asleep on the sofa on the balcony, after walking up The Ridge   :zzz:.

Had a look at your artwork, great skill there. "The Inner Child" I got a strong sense of pain, couldn't look at it too long.  it looks like blood is dripping from  his/her stomach. I especially  liked the "Tubular Forest and also Black Moria Castle.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Woman in the rain Offline

Posted: Oct. 13 2005, 16:48

At last¡¡¡¡
thank you tubular man ;)  ;)
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2005, 20:33

Please help, I can't get the complete film of "The Making Of Ommadawn" to download, I so desparately want to see this film, does anyone have a copy on DVD or Video they'd be willing to copy.  I'm happy to pay any expenses.BTW I'm in England.  

Many Thanks

Galadriel :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
amazarak Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 09:06

Limit exceeded once again... :/
Could You post it again, Tubularman?
Pleasee...

amazarak

--------------
Just hold your heading true
Got to get your finest out
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 09:16

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3GIDUVWVT4FDP2J171HGP7TP0Y

;)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 10:31

I have tried dling it several times, but it stops each time about half way through... help, tubularman!

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
amazarak Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 10:51

Quote (arron11196 @ Oct. 16 2005, 16:31)
I have tried dling it several times

Do not do it that way! Everything you'll get (and what You actually got :)) by making several unsuccessfull attempts is exceeding the download limit on the server. To comfotrably download files from unstable locations, use some download manager, like GetRight.

amazarak

P.S.
Would You be so kind Tubularman and post it again? As soon as I get the file, I'll place it on emule, if You don't mind.

--------------
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 10:57

Well, the dload finished, but then the file cut out like moonchildhippy says. I've dled it 3 times, but each time it's just junk after halfway.

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 11:07

seems like this file has some problems. I was trying to fix it yesterday with a program that make it another mpeg plug thing.. without luck.. Try to play the file in classic media player.

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
amazarak Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 11:12

Quote (Tubularman @ Oct. 16 2005, 17:07)
Quote (amazarak @ Oct. 16 2005, 10:51)
use some download manager, like GetRight.

thank you for this  ;)  let me try agian!  :)

Hmm... This piece of advice was addressed to Arron :)
But I'm glad You found it useful too...

amazarak

--------------
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 11:16

yes i know.. i misunderstood. I thought getright was some places i could make the file available  ;)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
amazarak Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 11:22

If You have permanent link to the internet (i.e. You don't pay for the time You spend in the web), Emule is much better way to share bigger files... The disadvantage is, that in the begining You have to be connected to the web in order to others be able to download the file. But after some time, when some people have the file downloaded, this constraint disappears...
Check out http://www.emule-project.net/

amazarak

--------------
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 11:27

Thanks for your assistance guys (especially Amazarak), and thanks for the working file! (silly grin)

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 12:07

i use emule :) but i thinks its unstable.. It shut down my internet  :(  
Its better to have one site to give other files. But when its just for a limited time and downloads..  :/

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
amazarak Offline

Posted: Oct. 16 2005, 12:13

It depends... When the file gets replicated, P2P is much safer and stable than single non-mirrored website :) That's the reason of packet comutation in cumputer networks.

Whatever, here's ed2k link:
ed2k://|file|renamed_making_of_ommadawn_(1977)1396.wmv|11006044|3B91A50D91A976D26ABA1832F14E9D56|h=OBJMGQ6CHKXH5F6J6AKF6VABE7IBZ4JS|/

Thanks to You, Tubularman, once again.
amazarak

--------------
Profile PM 
ekloef Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2005, 10:37

Hi!

Just wanted to say thanks for the e-mule link with "The Making of Ommadawn"

Robtch

--------------
https://www.instagram.com/robtch/
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2005, 10:45

Quote (amazarak @ Oct. 16 2005, 12:13)
It depends... When the file gets replicated, P2P is much safer and stable than single non-mirrored website :) That's the reason of packet comutation in cumputer networks.

Regular download links are so much better, and a lot more stable. I can have the file in a couple of minutes, while with eMule I have to download a klunky client, and it can take several hours (with a lot of babysitting) to download the same file.

I used to have eMule, but got rid of it. Having it take 3 hours for a 3 meg file with a broadband connection did not cut it.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Navaira Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2005, 11:17

Well, I missed it on yousendit... so eDonkey is my last hope...

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
amazarak Offline

Posted: Oct. 25 2005, 11:54

Quote (hiawatha @ Oct. 25 2005, 16:45)
Regular download links are so much better, and a lot more stable.

Of course you're right, but in this case a regular www serwer with static IP is required,
and not many have access to it (I used to have, but now the server is broken :)). Yousentid definitely cannot be considered "regular" download link, because it has transfer limit.

BTW the emule link may have been broken for some time, because I moved the movie to cd, forgotting that it was shared :)  Now it should work fine...

Quote (hiawatha @ Oct. 25 2005, 16:45)
Having it take 3 hours for a 3 meg file with a broadband connection did not cut it.

The download speed in P2P is highly dependent on the number of sources (people who have already downloaded the file or its part). If you download a file with only few sources, regular http or ftp download is surely the better choice. The problem is, that many files do not have such stable location. When the number of sources is high (count in hundreds), P2P downloads go blinking fast, faster than from many regular servers, ex. mic****ft's, from which I'm currently downloading a 200MB file for a week, and am on 24% :(. Today I've found the same file on Emule (only five sources though), so I'll check which one will I get faster ;)
Of course using P2P when you pay for the time spent online, is rather not acceptable... I assume having some kind of internet subscription.

Cheers
amazarak

--------------
Profile PM 
60 replies since Oct. 08 2005, 11:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net