[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 'The making of Ommadawn' Video< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tatty Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 08 2005, 11:42

Hi,

Does anybody know where I might find a copy of this little gem ?  Its only this japanese site that seems to mention it.

http://www.excite.co.jp/world....b_dis=2

Thanks.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Oct. 08 2005, 13:05

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0NMB5H990UP5C0CQNME8CAM891

link will expire in 7 days and will be available for a limited number of downloads  ;)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Tatty Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2005, 14:26

Excellent. Thanks so much.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2005, 17:51

Thanks for the link Tubularman.  The annoying thing is for some reason on my PC the film stops after 5 mins, so frustrating :( , WAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Piltdown Woman strikes again.  Well I loved what I did get to  see of it  :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2005, 18:18

i know.. you watch it with winamp? maybe you must have some plugins. Try to get Media player classic! Not Windows media player!!! try here :)

good look to see this video

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2005, 19:20

It works fine for me using Windows Media Player.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm more in awe after watching this than I ever was before.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2005, 05:52

Thanks Tubularman, unfortunately I can't get it to play :( I'll have to ask a friend for advice .

I'd love to see the rest of this film :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2005, 06:11

This is awesome... thank you so much!
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2005, 07:25

Thanks Tubularman, quite an interesting film.

Does anyone here know anything about this film, such as who made it and why? I get the impression that it was a small part of a TV show, does anyone know what this show was?

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Oct. 10 2005, 09:01

The "Making Of Ommadawn" section was part of "All You Need is Love", a 17 part series on the history of (American) Popular Music, with Bing Crosby, Sinatra, Rolling Stones, Dylan, Muddy Waters etc. (1975/6).

It was first transmitted on BBC in 1976. The director was Tony Palmer who also directed The Space Movie.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2005, 10:09

I've given up on trying to download it. After a minute or two, the server hosting it throws an internal error and terminates  the download.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2005, 10:29

its because the link was just for 7 days, but i can fix that  :)  ;)  okey?

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2005, 10:56

download it here!

:)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 11:52

Gosh how good the end of this "m of ommadawn is" That is almost a music video. Just look how intens world is to you with those stress, kaos, laud and sick pictures screeeaming to you. Very done  to make you feel fear and understand mike about what he meens with ommadawn. Those elementes in the video is just the same reason why i hide my self sometimes. In 2002 i had a time when  i hide my self from world, it was darkness in my mind and the strange thing is when i found ommadawn. I can really feel what he plays and its true, really true. Its like you open a book and read a story.
The best part must be at the end of that video, all those intens thinsg and bang!!! mike is on the hergest ridge and want to be on a horseback  ;) far away from the stress cities!!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Woman in the rain Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 16:06

I can´t download it¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
please,help me¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ :/
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 16:37

Just imagine!

The first time I saw this video was in 1992.

I was sitting in the main room upstairs in The Beacon where Mike recorded Ommadawn (his studio was in the basement), the same room where he kept his model gliders under the roof.

I just looked up and was blewn away.

We also walked up Hergest Ridge just like Mike in the video.

By the way, this was a convention of readers of the former Mike Oldfield Fan Magazine Airborne run by David Porter. Thank you David for letting me be a part of it!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 18:23

Quote (Tubularman @ Oct. 11 2005, 16:52)
Gosh how good the end of this "m of ommadawn is" That is almost a music video. Just look how intens world is to you with those stress, kaos, laud and sick pictures screeeaming to you. Very done  to make you feel fear and understand mike about what he meens with ommadawn. Those elementes in the video is just the same reason why i hide my self sometimes. In 2002 i had a time when  i hide my self from world, it was darkness in my mind and the strange thing is when i found ommadawn. I can really feel what he plays and its true, really true. Its like you open a book and read a story.
The best part must be at the end of that video, all those intens thinsg and bang!!! mike is on the hergest ridge and want to be on a horseback  ;) far away from the stress cities!!

Fantastic stuff  Tubularman :) . Unfortunately I've only been able to get nine minutes of the video to work.  A friend recommended
playing the film in Real Player, rather than WMP. I'm not sure how to do this.

I can understand how it feels to be shy, and try and hide away, I used to be like that too.  Recently I've come out of my shell much more  :) .  Yes I feel Ommadawn is like a book.  Listening to Ommadawn I often feel I go through many emotions, anger , sadness, happiness, pleasure, all culminating in a happy ending "On Horseback"

Tubularman I don't know where you are in the world, but I can thoroughly recommend Kington/Hergest Ridge area, such spectacular inspiring scenery.  If you get the opportunity to go you won't be dissapointed  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 07:36

Quote (Woman in the rain @ Oct. 11 2005, 16:06)
I can´t download it¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
please,help me¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ :/

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33TGD79VPAX8V0FPREOELQ4PGE ;)  this is the third time i make it available.. looks like this video is popular  :)  i just wish that i could do a stabil link where people could download it from..

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 08:09

Quote (moonchildhippy @ Oct. 11 2005, 18:23)
I can understand how it feels to be shy, and try and hide away, I used to be like that too.  Recently I've come out of my shell much more  :) .  Yes I feel Ommadawn is like a book.  Listening to Ommadawn I often feel I go through many emotions, anger , sadness, happiness, pleasure, all culminating in a happy ending "On Horseback"

Tubularman I don't know where you are in the world, but I can thoroughly recommend Kington/Hergest Ridge area, such spectacular inspiring scenery.  If you get the opportunity to go you won't be dissapointed  :D .

hello again moonchildhippy. I live in norway so its quite near actually. I have been thinking about travel there sometimes. That would be perfect. Is it best to travel there in the summer? or spring?

talking about feelings, i also feel liek what you do. Now im more open to the world. But i like to be the sky guy who nobody see. I hate journalist when i have my exhibitions. I just dont know why but i can understand why mike do. Its just that those journalist want you to answer very special. Special in my town, because there are so many other artist here and they are very good to formular they way to talk. Im not good at that. My art is not happy art either, its dark, mystic, black and white and not a happy hymn either. My pictures come from what i see the world do with people in a negative way. If they ask about my art i dont know what to say. I just see things happen and my hands paint it. I can hear mike play and what i do is painting the feelings.
Around the bad year 2002 i had a very hard time and ommadawn seems to take a place in my heart then. Just liek what you said; many emotions, anger , sadness, happiness, pleasure, all culminating in a happy ending "On Horseback" (with a happy ending all seem so much better)
Im really deep but must of the tiem i dont show that side. I like to be a happy amarok   :)

if you have interest.. you can look at my links here and see my pictures

;)

Black Moria CastleThe innerchild (tribute to the child who lost love)the dark gateTubular forestanother castle

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 17:06

Cheers for sharing that footage I'd never seen that stuff before. I went to a MO convention here in Edinburgh the day after the TB2 premiere and we saw another making of Ommadawn movie that was different to this one.

One things for sure back in those days Mike was quite incomparably cool.  What a dude  :cool:

ps how amazing is when Mike just plays the Ommadawn part 2 bit on the acoustic guitar? Sod having an album called Guitars, he should just do an album called Guitar Just him and an acoustic guitar, no over dubs, no computers just one guitar. I bet it would be mind blowing and I bet it would sell too.
Profile PM 
60 replies since Oct. 08 2005, 11:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net