Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 07 2008, 02:00

Part 2/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pERwsZo5IM
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 22 2008, 15:18

I think it's amazing that this exists. I guess I was mostly unaware of how lauded Mike was at the time.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2008, 19:22

Next to Ommadawn itself, this is about the most amazing thing ever. :D
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2008, 01:17

There were a couple of scenes there that I saw on Youtube some time ago, but the bulk of that video seems like something that has remained buried for a long time. I remember Mike rolling a cig on the mixer and the gliders in pt. 2, on some "documentary" footage I saw, but the rest is undiscovered country. I don't remember Branson being the narrator. Cool. I never saw Mike's photo until '75 when Ommadawn came out, after dissecting two albums for 2+ years. Now, 33 years later, it's cool to see the process as it was when I was 14. Mike seemed "semi-autistic" like he was stuck in his own little world and would only connect with people he knew well. I got the feeling from the video that a stranger would have difficulty getting him to even make eye contact at that time. I guess that's why his music was SO good. He was FOCUSED.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
4 replies since Mar. 07 2008, 01:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net