Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Last Bit..., The Ending...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
AwayWeGo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 02 2015, 18:04

Look, I LOVE this album. BUT, the very end...that last little bit...it shakes me every time. It just doesn't feel right. It ends on that minor chord with that note clash in the mix. If only Mike had ended it on a major chord. Ot doesn't ruin the album, but definitely the moment. Come on, guys. Am I alone here?
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 03 2015, 17:50

OK, just listened to the very end again and I like it! Sort of hangs in the air which I have always associated with weather being a bit up and down and I tend to think of Hergest Ridge as being about storms and weather. Maybe that just me :)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 15 2015, 03:03

To my ears it's just right.  Suits the mood of the album.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 17 2015, 08:30

I agree with the above. Hergest Ridge is, to me, all about mixed feelings and inconclusive thoughts. That ending is the sound of uncertainty, and it was a pretty bold and interesting move. Also, in a way, it makes for a neat segue into Ommadawn.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
3 replies since April 02 2015, 18:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net