Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The lake - Cover - EDM style< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
addy1969 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 29 2014, 17:34

A few weeks ago Mike Oldfield released a little piece of the closing section of "the lake" to download. That got me inspired to to something with it. I toyed with the idea of turning it into an EDM track, but then again why not do that to the whole track. So I got the fine MIDI from tubular.net/midi/TheLake.mid by René de Vreng and got into Live and Maschine to play with it, fix it up in some places. This is, what it turned into. Got something of the original flavour with the guitar sounds and drum fills, and some new rhythmic elements. I put the sample of Mike's guitar and bass right in at the end. Feels nice to play along with your cherished idol :-))

If you like it, please comment. I won't make it available as a download as I don't know if Mike sample was free to distribute. But if you contact me via soundcloud I might share it secretly.

https://soundcloud.com/markus-adams-1/the-lake-edm-mike-oldfield-cover
Profile PM 
0 replies since Sep. 29 2014, 17:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net