Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The final chord in Finale, Does it annoy anyone else?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
K.O.W.T Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 19 2011, 22:29

Hi All.

The very end of Finale on TB2003 is a) strung out a few extra bars and b) features a different final chord. Slightly. He's changed around his firsts, thirds and fifths, and now it sounds unresolved. Arbitrarily changed from the original.

Does anybody else a) notice this b) get into a blood curdling rage because of this? :/

Why would he do such a thing? I love TB2003, it's GREAT. It's the original all cleaned up and nice-like, and then BAM he goes and ruins it. Is there any interview, review etc out there that mentions this?

Why Mike, why!?

:cool:
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2011, 06:50

Quote (K.O.W.T @ Jan. 19 2011, 22:29)
Hi All.

The very end of Finale on TB2003 is a) strung out a few extra bars and b) features a different final chord. Slightly. He's changed around his firsts, thirds and fifths, and now it sounds unresolved. mentions this?

Welcome to the boards, K.O.W.T. What do your initials stand for?

There are musicians in the forum who will be able to answer the technical aspects of your question better than I can, but I'd suggest that if you perceive an "unresolved" quality it's probably intentional - a signal that there could be further reworkings of the piece in the future.
Profile PM 
Tales of Zelos Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2011, 07:21

Gotta be worth some action! I venture one Tubularian dollar and say welcome, King Of Wishful Thinking? Appropriate enough if you were to believe Mike can re-record or remix without
Incident.
Profile PM 
K.O.W.T Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2011, 17:34

Hi Guys, thanks for the welcome.

King of Wishful Thinking, that's right!  :) It's more a flippant reference to the song than it is indicative of any great love for the band. I do think its great that Peter Cox is doing his thing with Manfred Mann now tho!

You tease by suggesting that it might mean more to comeā€¦ :p
Profile PM 
Tales of Zelos Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2011, 04:36

A smiley doesn't sum up my mood at the moment. Picture a Warner Bros. cartoon with Carl Stalling playing #We're In the Money#. Your loyal subject, K.O.W.T!
It had been a long while since I even considered whether Manfreds or Mann were still alive and kicking. I'll keep eyes open for either's gigs.
There's no danger of me ever putting my group as musicians so no actual analysis. 2003 falls between so many stools, it's a wonder that any of it works. Some members here reckon not. I'm ok with it and Finale isn't a dealbreaker.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Jan. 19 2011, 22:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net