Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The End of a Legend?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Delfín Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 07 2011, 20:29

By far the best track in TMB is called 'Lake Constance'. Best romantic track in MO's discography, and one of the most stunningly beautiful songs you can record for your girlfriend-wife.

Second one is, always for me, 'The Doce's Palace'. The mixture of modernity and old instrumentation, the original "name chantings", and the whole Rondo Veneziano kind of  style is very classy.

It's not a bad album. Not amongst the best ones, but there's a tone of seriousness and importance on it that gives it distinction. It is a bit of a 'scientific music project'. Doesn't sound personal at all, but that's probably its best quality. Oldfield at his most intemporal.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2011, 16:14

Quote (The Big BellEnd @ April 05 2008, 21:29)
WOW, you know, every now and then a thread that was started in what seem's like another century nevermind another decade , is re-incarnated and given a new breath of life and brought back to all our attentions for us to ponder over again, almost as fresh and thought provoking as the day it was posted, a thread so powerful that one is gripped with with an almost inhuman, unreasoning, mind-bending supernatural urge to hear and see more, and be in open mouthed wondermeant and thank's for the the reprise of such a hidden gem that has clawed it's way to the forefront of our imagination's.
Unfortunately this is not one of those occasion's

I agree (a lot).

End of a legend!   :zzz:

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
41 replies since Dec. 10 1999, 09:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net