Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The DVD, Missed opportunity?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
trcanberra Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 26 2008, 17:09

Just picked up the 2003 TB and watched / listened to the DVD just now.

As a 30th Anniversary "extra", 12 minutes or so seems rather disappointing.  It would have been a great opportunity to promote all things Mike Oldfield - but I guess they put together this perfunctory package as he was about to leave?  I imagine it would have sold a lot better with a decent length DVD.

That said, the video is OK, in an 80s kind of way, pity it was made in 2003  ;)

The DTS mix on the opening 3 tracks is just plain awesome, played it over twice and can't wait to play it for other people.  The last part of Fast Guitars and the whole Basses sections are particularly powerful - a whole new view of these classic pieces.

I wish Mike liked surround mixes more.  I used to love my quad mixes in Boxed, can't seem to get the Boxed CDs to decode, though others here claim the stereo mix is surround encoded.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 22 2017, 21:25

I've only just bought TB 2003, as I said before, and I enjoyed the video very much, with all its turquoise and water imagery. It's very clever too, with (for example) the flock of birds taking on the tubular bell shape. It would be very interesting to compare the video with the one for Islands; I notice the symmetry/doubling common to both, and also shared images, such as the maple/5 pointed leaf.
Profile PM 
1 replies since Feb. 26 2008, 17:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net