Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: the deluxe 5.1 ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ingresman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 20 2014, 15:33

Hello all,
Now that MOTR is out an loved by all, can we expect the deluxe Amarok any time soon?
Profile PM 
Chrissy Offline

Posted: June 20 2014, 20:14

Discovery, Killing Fields, Islands & Earth Moving to be re-issued first before we get Amarok!
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: June 23 2014, 07:11

Amarok is on the way no doubt, but we do have a few other albums to look forward to first, all the fans I would think are really excited about Amarok in 5.1 I think it does really lend it'self to that format, I think Mike is excited about the prospect too :) It will also be great to get this amazing album out in the world again, it's such a great album but hardly anyone knows about it outside of Mike's fans which is a great shame, so I hope the deluxe version gives it the exposure it deserves. I also hope Mike makes a documentary about the album, which is something I think could have (Should have) been done for all the re-releases.
Profile PM 
sikejsudjek Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2014, 06:52

Any news on Amarok 5.1 ?

Really hope he has found the original tapes ? This is one album that would lend itself to surround sound.
Profile PM 
Vrbomber Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2020, 09:24

Amarok is a very good album for 5.1 audio
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2020, 01:52

Yes it is, but we are still waiting for the deluxe Islands :/ album The Wind Chimes would also be great in 5.1 Maybe this is why Mike has been so quiet, aswell as making TB4 he is doing the deluxe release of Islands too. I suspect that is wishful thinking on my part!!
Profile PM 
gevrey Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2020, 02:38

Given that Mike has gone through financial problems in the last years, he is probably focusing on work that will bring him money.
So, unfortunately, I doubt that a 5.1 mix of an album which sold (?) 10,000 copies is a priority.

I personally disliked MOTR (a lot), but a "pop" album is the one with the highest chance of commercial success.
Profile PM WEB 
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 28 2020, 13:50

~ Message deleted at the request of the author ~
ShakC Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2022, 03:47

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ June 23 2014, 07:11)
Amarok is on the way no doubt, but we do have a few other albums to look forward to first, all the fans I would think are really excited about Amarok in 5.1 I think it does really lend it'self to that format, I think Mike is excited about the prospect too :) It will also be great to get this amazing album out in the world again, it's such a great album but hardly anyone knows about it outside of Mike's fans which is a great shame, so I hope the deluxe version gives it the exposure it deserves. I also hope Mike makes a documentary about the album, which is something I think could have (Should have) been done for all the re-releases.

I hope this will actually happen some day! As long as the digital tape multitracks were located and backed up...
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2022, 05:37

I still think there is hope, I seem to remember a photo posted on Tom Newman's Facebook a while ago, which should him with the wooden Amarok letters from the album cover, and it was a new photo :)
Profile PM 
amaroks Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2022, 04:53

My system is ready and waiting for this release. Over to you Mikey :)
Profile PM 
10 replies since June 20 2014, 15:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net