Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Daliphants, And How Best to Enjoy Them< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 23 2010, 21:25

I decided last night to try to visit the Daliphants; and I'm pleased to say that after a few attempts I was successful. The method I used was the stand-well-back-from-the-Ant's World-ringhead-and-then-run-the-lake one. I was wondering, though, whether any of the other methods present the Daliphants in a more detailed setting. Using the method above, it was as though they were walking on a blue, featureless sea.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: April 24 2010, 19:09

This sounds like you entered the "minimal" version of the so-called Ants' World. If you enter another unofficial world, the environmental features will surely be more defined, but the daliphants always look the same - flat boards with no real thickness. Quite disappointing, at least to me. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 24 2010, 21:22

Thanks, Ugo. I entered Space Arrow world last night, which was really impressive, although there were no Daliphants. It took me about fifteen minutes to get out to the volcano, but looking back at the main TL world from its crater was really quite magical, especially as there was just the gentle sound of the sea in the background. I'm quickly starting to agree with you - TL is better than Maestro!

As I understand the trip to the Green Mountain is equally impressive, I'll try that too. I didn't have much trouble getting into Space Arrow World.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2017, 19:15

I've been listening to the fan album Music VR The Album, and track 6 is titled "Daliphant". Given that the daliphants apparently have their own musical theme, I can't help wondering that there is a legitimate way to the daliphants after all - perhaps so complex that no one has discovered it yet!
Profile PM 
3 replies since April 23 2010, 21:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net