Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Comprehensive Collection Of Singles & Rarities, Available on Oldfield tracker< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Spinne Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 16:29

Hi

I've uploaded this 4 CD compilation of rare tracks with sound enhanced by jyf to the Oldfield tracker. This was done somewhen in 2002. This is the tracklist:

CD 1:

1. Mike Oldfield's Single
2. Froggy Went A-Courting (UK release)
3. Ommadawn (7" version)
4. Don Alfonso (long version)
5. In Dulci Jubilo (for Maureen)
6. Guilty (long version)
7. Wrekorder Wrondo
8. Polka (live)
9. Royal Wedding Anthem
10. Pastosi (live with Diego Cortes)
11. Blue Peter (remix)
12. Afghan
13. Rite Of Man
14. Legend
15. Pictures In The Dark
16. Passed You By (with Phil Beer)
17. Shine (with Jon Anderson)
18. Vivaldi Concerto In C
19. The Path
20. Sentinel (early stages)
21. Mike's Reel
22. The Bell (MC Carlos Finaly) *

CD 2:

1. Froggy Went A-Courting (german release)
2. Don Alfonso (7" version)
3. Argiers
4. Pipe Tune
5. Guilty (speeded up version)
6. Sally
7. Punkadiddle (live)
8. I Got Rhythm (remix)
9. Blue Peter (refined ending)
10. Wonderful Land (7" version)
11. Jungle Gardenia
12. Ready Mix (with Carl Palmer)
13. Tricks Of The Light (instrumental)
14. &#9556;tude (7" version)
15. Earth Moving (7" version)
16. Indian Lake
17. One Glance Is Holy (single edit)
18. The Spectral Army
19. Heaven's Open (12" version)
20. The Song Of The Boat Men
21. The Bell (remix, MC Viv Stanshall)

CD 3:

1. Tubular Bells (The Nicky Campbell Show)
2. Don Alfonso (deutsche version)
3. Blue Peter (end credits)
4. The Bell (instrumental version)
5. Family Man (short version)
6. The Killing Fields: The Dark Room Sequence
7. The Killing Fields: Pran's Last Night
8. When The Night's On Fire (Barry Palmer demo)
9. Pictures In The Dark (instrumental demo, Bayern 3)
10. Music For The Video Wall
11. Far Country (The Nicky Campbell Show)
12. Innocent (The Nicky Campbell Show)
13. Earth Moving (The Nicky Campbell Show)
14. Fed Up (demo)
15. Islands (Bonnie Tyler demo)
16. The Bell (US edit)
17. Dolphins (from the Music Virtual Reality game)
18. Tubular X
19. Ending Theme (from the Music Virtual Reality game)
20. Tubular Bells ||| (excerpt)
21. Owl Cavern (from the Music Virtual Reality game)
22. Silent Night
23. Far Above The Clouds (single edit)

CD 4:

1. Moonlight Shadow (extended version)
2. Crime Of Passion (extended version)
3. To France (extended version)
4. In The Pool
5. Bones
6. Pictures In The Dark (extended version)
7. The Trap
8. Shine (extended version)
9. Islands (extended version)
10. Magic Touch (12" version, vocals by Max Bacon)
11. The Time Has Come (maxi version)
12. Flying Start (extended version)
13. Innocent (12" mix)
14. Earth Moving (disco version)
15. One Glance Is Holy (Hard & Holy Mix)
16. One Glance Is Holy (single remix)
17. One Glance Is Holy (Holy Groove Instrumental)

For further details and link to download go to:
http://btt.oldfield.es/torrents-details.php?id=165

Hope you enjoy it.
Profile PM 
Pendragon Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2008, 23:04

I am enjoying it.

Thank you.  :)
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2008, 15:05

This requires signing up at http://btt.oldfield.es/torrents-details.php?id=165 ??
Profile PM 
Ciderginaspro Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2008, 05:27

Thank you so much;
it's very kind of you to post it !

have a nice day
Claire
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2008, 09:12

Quote (Harmono @ Feb. 14 2008, 21:05)
This requires signing up at http://btt.oldfield.es/torrents-details.php?id=165 ??

Yes, you must register first at http://btt.oldfield.es/
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2008, 18:12

Thanks, now I'm registered. I couldn't write anything on the registration page but I was able to paste the required information on it, so if anyone has the same problem you might want to try that.
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2008, 16:39

Hello all,

I went through the whole routine of registering, and having done it-and being accepted-any attempt I made to DL the set was rejected.  My user name and password went completely unrecognized.  GRRRR!  Has anyone else here had the same experience with this website, and can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong?

Fondest regards.

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2008, 18:27

It looks like the tracker is having some problems. We should wait till the admins have solved them.
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 16:30

ive signed up and clicked on dowwnload but no joy, just saves a weird file name. can anyone help.
Ta
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 20:07

Quote (Spinne @ Feb. 25 2008, 00:27)
It looks like the tracker is having some problems.

Indeed. :( However, I'm glad to know that it's not a problem of mine... :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2008, 00:40

After a few days of cooling my heels about it, it seems the tracker is now letting me in.  Now if only someone would seed the torrents I'd be in business!  (Argh!)

BTW, Ugo and Spinne-thank you for your communications.  You are kind folks!
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2008, 23:03

So now it looks like there ARE Seeders for the torrent, but uTorrent is telling me "unrecognized host", and "please go to http..... and sign up or log in".  I AM logged in!  Otherwise I would not have been able to DL the torrent.

I left a message for the site administrator, so let's see what developes from that.  But, what a hassle!  I have not had this grief from any other tracker site.  It's such a damn shame, too, because it's looking like a fantastic set.  Not to mention that the same site has a bunch of other great-looking sets as well.

I really hope it all turns out to be some simple dumb detail I've overlooked.  I'm not a tech-head by any stretch of the imagination.

Grrr x 2!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2008, 08:23

@ Bassman: I have a method which has always worked spledidly with my BT client, Azureus. I hope it also works for you.

1) If your BT client, i.e. uTorrent, is running and no other windows are open, exit from uTorrent.
2) Open your web browser [whatever it is!!], log in to btt.oldfield.es (i.e. do the full login) and leave the browser window open. You may shrink it to an icon, just don't close it.
3) Now start uTorrent. It should start working.
4) Once you see that uTorrent has started downloading, you may close the browser window.

Let me know if this works for you... ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2008, 11:02

Hi Ugo.  I followed your suggestion exactly as you laid it out and I still had no progress.  I then went a step further and restarted the whole process using Azureus.  I immediately noticed that Azureus created subfolders where the actual flacs and graphics would go, but after over an hour nothing actually DL'd into those folders.  In fact, Azureus told me the same thing uTorrent said, "unrecognized host", etc., etc.

It's not a problem with the BT clients, it's a problem with that tracker, and since I've gotten no message back from them I'm not inclined to waste anymore time on it.  I am patient enough, however, to wait until the music appears on another site-regardless of the fact that btt.oldfield.es tells users to NOT upload the users' own torrents on other sites (where they get the balls to say that I can't imagine).  Someone somewhere will eventually do that, I'm sure.

Once again, thanks to Ugo and Spinne for trying to help.  You guys are great.  Cheers.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2008, 13:28

@ Bassman, I'm really sorry about this and I honestly don't know what to say. The tracker seems to be fully up and running (I checked it one minute ago), yet two different BT clients giving you the same error message and not downloading anything... well, it sounds quite weird to me. :O Also, the fact that you aren't able to download also means that I won't be able to seed when I'm back home (on Friday night), and this will result in me being banned for the second consecutive time from the btt.oldfield.es tracker. Oh, well. :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2008, 20:13

Oh my God, Ugo.  I had no idea that could even happen to you!  I feel even more horrible about this, now.  Is this kind of banning policy the norm on these sites?  It's pretty damned unfair and it's not likely to foster a feeling of loyalty towards these sites.  I never wanted anyone to get any grief on my account and I'm very sorry.

Regards.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2008, 03:46

I got banned (Spinne knows very well about this) because I don't seed. It usually takes me a very, very long time to download a torrent (this one took three weeks) and, when I come to seed it, I often encounter tracker problems, like the one we are experiencing now, and these sorts of things put me off... to the point that I lose my temper and shut my client off, or often I simply forget to turn it on. [@ Spinne: no, it hasn't got an auto-start mode with Windows XP. :)] So now that I'm back home on Friday I am pretty much obliged to start seeding again as I've already received a warning from the tracker, stating that if my ratio doesn't go up they will ban my account (for the second time, as I said above). Yes, it's the norm. Also the now-defunct oink.cd had it. It's not a matter of loyalty, at least I don't think so. It's just the kind of system according to which the whole Bit Torrent thing works, i.e you download a torrent and then you automatically become a seeder of it. And if you don't, your ratio (i.e. the amount of MBs you download divided by the amount of MBs you seed, or upload) goes down. And if you don't have a ratio that's high enough for a particular tracker's standards, you're out of it. It just works that way. This, of course, may be the very reason why I, generally, tend to use BT as rarely as possible. ;)

However, enough of rantin', otherwise someone here may get shirty. :D I repeat: if you or anyone else would like to hear stuff from this torrent, contact me privately.

--------------
Profile PM 
El Bosnia Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2008, 10:57

This is awesome Spinne! I'm working on the downloading now. I'll send my comments when I finished listening to it.

(Gracias por compartir el material!;)

Thanks a lot!
Best regards

--------------
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"
"Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2008, 16:21

I have no idea how to do the whole torrent thing - any ideas how to get started?

Thanks

OK - I have installed Azureus - it says 2 days to download - does that sound right?
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: April 02 2008, 23:02

I FINALLY got the set-no thanks to the folks at btt.oldfield.es (who take over 2 weeks and counting to respond to a PM) but rather thanks to some kind soul who shared their files on another site that rhymes with "molemeek".  But I digress...

The sound quality is AMAZING for most of it, particularly on the dozen-odd pieces I really wanted.  The remix of "Blue Peter" and the extended "Crimes Of Passion" I have always had sounded crappy up until now.
Profile PM 
35 replies since Feb. 11 2008, 16:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net