Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Coloured Stones, and Jewels< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 02 2011, 10:09

Does anyone know of any "jewels" in TL apart from the three coloured stones between the origin and the ring tree?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 17:29

There are two diamond rings in two different places. Both are part of little games, which I shall briefly describe below.

1. There is a diamond ring inside one of the towers in the underwater castle. If you roam a little bit around the castle, you will find a dolphin avatar. Grab it and pass through the diamond ring with it, or shoot the ring from the avatar. This lets you have a trip in the Rebirth Tunnel.

2. There is a diamond ring on top of one of the towers in the canyon. If you take this ring and bring it into the small roundpool with smoke (or something like it) coming out of it, you find yourself in the Rebirth Tunnel again. But you have to be quick, because once you've taken the ring, the sky turns dark very rapidly, and when it does you're kicked out ouf the canyon and in front of the flaming cactus. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 02 2011, 19:11

Quote (Ugo @ June 02 2011, 17:29)
There are two diamond rings in two different places. Both are part of little games, which I shall briefly describe below.

1. There is a diamond ring inside one of the towers in the underwater castle. If you roam a little bit around the castle, you will find a dolphin avatar. Grab it and pass through the diamond ring with it, or shoot the ring from the avatar. This lets you have a trip in the Rebirth Tunnel.

2. There is a diamond ring on top of one of the towers in the canyon. If you take this ring and bring it into the small roundpool with smoke (or something like it) coming out of it, you find yourself in the Rebirth Tunnel again. But you have to be quick, because once you've taken the ring, the sky turns dark very rapidly, and when it does you're kicked out ouf the canyon and in front of the flaming cactus. :)

Thanks, Ugo - I'll look into this. I collected (or should that be 'zapped'? :laugh: ) all the coloured stones from the plain last night, but couldn't seem to do anythng with them. In fact a great many things seemed to be closed off. And a brief melody that I hadn't heard before played throughout.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: June 04 2011, 13:23

Ugo, I'm afraid you missed ring #3 in the bats cave, which will also take you to the rebirth tunnel.
You can also pick the ring from the big hand, but you should give it back before the spaceship gets you (AFAIR, you can also drop it through the hole in the big head).
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 04 2011, 22:09

Quote (a_r_schulz @ June 04 2011, 13:23)
Ugo, I'm afraid you missed ring #3 in the bats cave, which will also take you to the rebirth tunnel.
You can also pick the ring from the big hand, but you should give it back before the spaceship gets you (AFAIR, you can also drop it through the hole in the big head).

Thanks. Someone told me that the diamond rings are somehow related to getting access to the mysterious entrance. So far I've dropped the ring from the canyon into the whirpool, but haven't yet found the dolphin avatar near the underwater castle. I thought the gaze of the cat might be directed at it (the cat's gaze reminded me of Yarlan Zey's statue in Clarke's novel!;), but apparently not.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 05 2011, 14:48

@ Andreas: of course I do know about the ring in the bat cave, but as far as I remember it's an ordinary ring, similar to the ones in the ring quest, and nightspore above was talking about  jewels.  : - )

@ nightspore: the cats have nothing to do with the dolphin avatar.  Once you have found the ring, at the bottom of the tower,  spin around it, then  exit from the tower and look within a relatively short distance, always staying on the bottom.

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 05 2011, 18:25

Quote (Ugo @ June 05 2011, 14:48)
@ nightspore: the cats have nothing to do with the dolphin avatar.  Once you have found the ring, at the bottom of the tower,  spin around it, then  exit from the tower and look within a relatively short distance, always staying on the bottom.

Ta Ugo. I noticed quite a few golden chalices on the seabed,but I'll have another look. Last night I was hijacked by a buzzing insect, near the cactus, and I noticed a ring on its back. Is this ring capturable?

I also took the ring from the large hand and took it through the head, but nothing happened that I could see. The spaceship still pursued me with its characteristic "wikow! wikow!" noise!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 06 2011, 09:14

The golden chalices (supposed to be algæ or something like that) are just ornaments. The dolphin avatar hovers a few meters above the sea bottom. You have to look around a bit to find it. About the blue dragonfly near the cactus... yes, you can capture the ring it carries, but it takes skill. :) It's an ordinary ring, identical to the rings you collect during the 7-rings game, and indeed the dragonfly's ring (and the ant's ring in the bats' cave) add to those.

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 08 2011, 10:38

I found the dolphin avatar at last, sent it through the ring, and ended up in the rebirth tunnel. I then repeated the procedure with the ring in the canyon, but still the entrance at the lake remained closed. I can see I'll have to study the advice I was given with regard to that more closely...  :/
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 08 2011, 17:17

With the canyon ring you have to be very quick, otherwise night falls and you're kicked out. :) At least I remember it that way.

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 08 2011, 21:17

Quote (Ugo @ June 08 2011, 17:17)
With the canyon ring you have to be very quick, otherwise night falls and you're kicked out. :) At least I remember it that way.

Yes, I was successful at the canyon. It was just that I was led to believe that giving away the diamond rings in two different locations would provide access to the room near the lake (the one with stairs).
Profile PM 
10 replies since June 02 2011, 10:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net