Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 11 2010, 07:16

The Amarok Project

If this passes the Amorokian field test more will follow :D
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 13 2010, 17:22

If the test is me :), well, congrats, you passed it with flying colours. Only a couple of tips: try not to be heavy on the very start of this bit, as the start of Mike's theme is quite soft (it goes heavy later on) and be careful with those triplets on the toms. Apart from this, excellent. :cool: Please do more.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2010, 02:13

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 14 2010, 07:22)
try not to be heavy on the very start of this bit.

Have you ever known an Aussie not to be hard/heavy handed at the start of anything :laugh:

Thanks.
More very soon.
Profile PM 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2010, 08:43

It sounds really cool. The toms don't sound quite right but everything else sounds really spot on (apart from the 'proper' drums when it gets loud... those I think are better than the original [gasp... sacrilege!!!]).

Way to go!

Cheers,
Terry.

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 14 2010, 17:37

@ Milamber: I've never been to Oz and I never personally met anyone from there, so I have no idea about the habits of Ozzies regarding the way they start things. :laugh: Apart from that, what hit me in your first attempt was that ba-da-CRASH! thing at the very start of Didlybom. It hit me because, as I said above, I always perceived the start of Didlybom as a very soft, very well-fitting, unobtrusive kind-of start - if you listen to the Didlybom theme in its primitive 1969 version (during "Branches", on the Sallyangie bonus disc) you can hear that the start is even softer there. So that combination seemed to me to be over-highlighting that starting point. But, again, that's just my feeling.

--------------
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2010, 02:08

Thanks Terry that's high praise :)
And yes those toms can get away from you.

@Ugo what your hearing is an anvil sound left over from the bit beforehand (but that bits not ready and is sounding a bit bluesy)
I will remove the anvil and fade in that bit to soften it, Ta.

Glad you both enjoyed it am working on more tonight.

As I"m working the whole album and posting as I go (And One day will be able to post entire song) are there any parts you would like to hear earlier as I am working through it randomly :)

I think the end should remain untouched b.t.w.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2010, 08:58

Quote (milamber @ Oct. 15 2010, 08:08)
As I"m working the whole album and posting as I go (And One day will be able to post entire song) are there any parts you would like to hear earlier as I am working through it randomly :)

Lion and Lion Reprise. They are perfect for drumming, as there is already quite a bit of percussion on them. As for the end, just do lots and lots of crashes - just bash, bash, crash, crash, all the way through. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Hastengas Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2010, 06:47

Blimey, the talent here is astounding....what part of Oz?
Profile PM 
7 replies since Oct. 11 2010, 07:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net