Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Terry Oldfield's Journey Into Space, feat. Mike< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 06 2012, 01:14

Terry Oldfield's new album, Journey Into Space, will be available soon at www.terryoldfield.com/journey. You can already listen to track previews on the page. Mike plays the guitar on 3 tracks: Origin, Flight of the Eagle and Dancer in the Void.

"I have always had a bit of resistance to the term "New Age" music and I feel that this "Chill Out" album from Terry will do much to lift his name well out of that genre. I have really enjoyed the chance to interact and play with my Brother on this project and wish him great success with this release". - Mike Oldfield
Profile PM 
alejandra Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 06 2012, 06:30

The samples show the same mellifluous tone we come to expect from Oldfield in the relatively recent past. It's what I expected so I'm not particularly disappointed. They're only samples, but they give you an idea, certainly. I'll pass.
Profile PM 
MikeArnold Offline

Posted: June 06 2012, 23:42

I have one of Terry's earlier albums, "Reverence", which is quite a long meditative album.  In contrast, this latest offering from Terry sounds quite a bit more up-tempo.  The tunes are shorter, and there is a good tonal variety from track to track.
The vocal contributions from Terry's partner, Soraya, are nice, and Mike's guitar playing is fitting too.
Granted, this will not appeal to everyone. But, it's interesting enough for me to want to purchase this album and listen to the full versions of each track.
Good luck Terry!
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: June 07 2012, 05:18

My sentiments exactly.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: June 08 2012, 02:17

This is the first time I have heard Terry's music, and It is kind like what I had read, always nice to hear new Mike Oldfield guitar.
Profile PM 
GodGift Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: June 08 2012, 17:17

This sounds like Oliver Shanti :) Not my tune unfortunately...

--------------
What a lovely day!
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: June 13 2012, 18:16

To my ears it doesn't escape the "New Age" parameters but nice they got together to work as brothers.
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: June 14 2012, 17:10

for them who have not heard Terry Oldfield before i recommend De Profundis.. great album. Lovely atmosphere and mood.. with whale sounds, great vocals and long tracks.
I looking forward to this album.. Would be great if Sally had some vocals.. but cant have it all!!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2012, 20:47

Journey into Space is now available for purchase and download at terryoldfield.com

I have just downloaded the tracks and will comment later.

:)
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2012, 10:09

I'm enjoying this album, although production could be better on tracks such as Traveller. Terry and Soraya's singing work very well, and the flute sounds lovely. Mike's playing on Flight of the Eagle is pure MO, but less exciting on the other two tracks that sound more like improvisation.

You should at least check out these four: Flight of the Eagle, Gayatri, Moola Mantra and Be Still.
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: April 17 2015, 18:12

It really is a weird and wonderful song, this one. Flight of the Eagle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9bFqqgb-0s
Profile PM 
10 replies since June 06 2012, 01:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net