Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Telecaster Speculation Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 08 2010, 04:42

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ Mar. 07 2010, 11:20)
Quote (Ugo @ Mar. 06 2010, 18:37)
@ Tubular Trekkie: HR Original Mix, Part II, halfway during the thunderstorm: click-click-click-click, click-click-click-click, click-click-click-click, click-click-click-click, click-click-click-click, click-click-click-click, click-click-click-click... that's the spoons. :D

Ah, is this what we're going to get on the re-release(s) I wonder?

That's a nutcracker.Says so in the credits.

How about "plus.........silver desert spoons!" :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2010, 05:51

Or as Alanis Morrisette never said..."Ten thousand spoons when you just need a nutcracker"  :p

Actualy come to think of it I don`t think we have a set of nutcrackers in the house here.I mean we have spoons of course,but last time I counted them it was way short of the amount that Alanis owned.In fact I`m pretty sure we didn`t even have 50 spoons if my memory serves me correctly..Hold on a minute...................34, there you go.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2010, 18:49

Quote (The Caveman @ Mar. 08 2010, 10:42)
That's a nutcracker.Says so in the credits.

Ah, OK. Well, I would've thought that the nutcracker was being used for some other noise (stratching/scraping, maybe?) rather than that one. That clicking has always sounded like spoons to me. :)

@ Dirk: here in my house I've got 12 spoons and one nutcracker. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2010, 19:14

You never know - we may get a new album or three.

I am a bit of a Bruce Springsteen fan as well as MO - and most of us thought he had just about run out of steam around 8 years ago.  Lo and behold, he has released not one, not two, but 5 albums since then - with a range of styles, and each of them entertaining in their own way.  I don't think he has been so prolific at any other stage in his career, and he is a few years older than Mike.

One can only hope.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2010, 21:28

In classical music the situation is reversed: apart from Mendelssohn, virtually all classical composers get better as they go on. And Franck and Bruckner didn't even start seriously till late in life!
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: May 03 2010, 10:48

Sorry if the following thought is so obvious that nobody felt it worth mentioning but....

I wonder if Mikes interest in "telecaster" has anything to do with him remixing TB, HR and Ommadawn in the past year? As I understand it all three of those albums mainly featured guitar work using his original Marc Bolan Telecaster. Listing intently while fine tuning new mixes of those albums to what he managed to achieve back then might be a motivation for revisiting that instrument?

Edit: and the new album could always have this as its cover ;)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 03:57

The tele was the only guitar on TB.By the time he got to HR he was also using an SG Junior and by Ommadawn the SG was pretty much the only one except for the odd bit on the tele.Soooo hopefully it'll be all new stuff.Certainly hope so!

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 15:44

Quote (Matt @ May 03 2010, 16:48)
and the new album could always have this as its cover ;)

:) Maybe you'll hate me guys but i'm more excited by this next album than the Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn limited editions .

Very very nice Telecaster !!! and now i'm waiting for how it sounds in the hands of Mike !

Fanny has a real talent to find the right moment to take a pic !
Profile PM 
Incantations Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2010, 01:11

I think I can agree with you there, Tos. New material does give a sort of ring in my mind that remixes of old material do not spark. It doesn't necessarily mean I think the new stuff will be better, it just seems as though there is more 'meat' in a new release than in a re-release.

--------------
Hmm...
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2010, 08:29

Quote (Incantations @ Aug. 02 2010, 01:11)
New material does give a sort of ring in my mind that remixes of old material do not spark. It doesn't necessarily mean I think the new stuff will be better, it just seems as though there is more 'meat' in a new release than in a re-release.

Agreed.
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2010, 16:40

so apart from Fanny's reference to a Telecaster album, does anybody actually know anything more at all about this possible new album?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2010, 17:41

Just silence...nothing more.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Incantations Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2010, 23:45

Oldfield releases always seem to be secretive like that.   :/

--------------
Hmm...
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2010, 07:12

;) ..like the man himself . Not a secret for us !  :)
Profile PM 
33 replies since Mar. 05 2010, 05:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net