Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: "Tears of an Angel" Lyrics, A simpler one!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 01 2005, 18:58

I wanna feel...

Can you give me?... falling like rain are the tears of an angel.
Can you feel me?... falling like rain are the tears of an angel.

I wanna feel...

Can you feel me?... falling like rain are the tears of an angel.
Can you touch me?... falling like rain are the tears of an angel.

I wanna feel...

[The choir sounds something like "I want more, I want more". :D]

Falling like rain... (x2, repeated in background, with oooohs)

Can you give me?...
Can you feel me?...
Can you feel me?...
Can you touch me?...

This is just an attempt. The first line makes no sense, does it? :D

Anyway... either you agree or disagree... please do! :)

EDIT: I didn't take these from oldfield.de, although the lyrics in there, for the first 2 lines, are exactly the same. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2005, 19:19

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 01 2005, 18:58)
Can you give me?...
Can you feel me?...
Can you feel me?...
Can you touch me?...

Sounds a lot like the verse repeated in "Tommy" by The Who.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2005, 21:13

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 02 2005, 00:58)
Can you give me?...

I always hear: Can you kill me? :) But anyway it's "heal". Or maybe "hear" but "heal" seems even more appropiate. And the second "feel" in your interpretation seems to be beginning with "t".

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2005, 07:34

Thanks, EeToN. I had imagined it could be something like that, but I hadn't quite got it. :)

@ Hiawatha: call me ignorant or stupid, but I'm not familiar with "Tommy" by The Who, so I've no idea on what you're talking about. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2005, 13:34

i can see why eeton hear 'kill' in the first line, though i think it could be 'hear'. i'm not sure about that verse. i agree with the rest, but

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 01 2005, 18:58)
[The choir sounds something like "I want more, I want more". :D]

Falling like rain... (x2, repeated in background, with oooohs)

Can you give me?...
Can you feel me?...
Can you feel me?...
Can you touch me?...

u think that 'ooohhhhs' could be 'youth'? if so then from the guitar solo until the end the voices would say in the background something like:
falling like rain..
youth.. youth.. youth..
falling like rain
can u hear me.?
falling like rain...
youth youth youth..

more and more this song is becoming a favourite in the whole album. besides the guitar solo, i do like how it flows and changes so rich in sounds. i always listen to this song with headphones and guess the 5.1 mix must be wonderful.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2005, 14:59

Well, María... even keeping the Vocaloid's peculiarities into account, I have a little bit of difficulty in thinking that the H at the beginning is so aspirated that it almost becomes a K. :) But if we were really looking for a word that made sense, I'd lean toward EeToN's "heal".

u think that 'ooohhhhs' could be 'youth'?

No. Oooohhs are just oooohhs :D It's a backing vocal pad, why should it make sense as a word? ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 27 2005, 17:47

Well....merging accomplished (there were a couple duplicate topics). I probably should have just deleted the newer topic (since most of the relevant discussion was on the one Ugo started, which now incorporates hiawatha's -- actually, vice versa <-; ). I will delete some of the posts and clean it up a bit but will leave everything "as is" for a couple of days (and this note! ) so we know what happened and minds aren't lost. (note: cleaned up thread on 28-10) :D

BTW, please try to avoid blatant duplication (as one of the other admins would say), whatever your technique. You don't need to go to heroic effort, and I'm not suggesting you painstakingly read every post of every topic. Just look around a bit first, to see if there's anything already visible in the forum that fits it (as same other admin would also say). :)

Regarding the "search" feature -- as we've discussed elsewhere -- it's far from perfect, but certainly everyone can spare a few minutes to familiarize himself/herself with it and use if necessary.

Yes--sometimes you retrieve an incredible amount of stuff. When I initially searched this topic, I didn't limit to the "L + S" forum and retrieved six pages! (It still only took a minute to scan all the topic titles.) When I limited to fora where I'd expect to find similar topics, i.e., L+S, Gen Dis (not that I'd want to find an L+S one there), and Q&A, it narrowed hits to two pages.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2005, 14:57

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 02 2005, 14:59)
No. Oooohhs are just oooohhs :D It's a backing vocal pad, why should it make sense as a word? ;)

ugo, still after many listenings i don't agree.. it's not that it should necessarily have a sense, but i don't hear 'ooohhhsss' but /juuu:th/ (i didn't find how to write the phonetic symbol for 'th' sounding like in 'both' ) /ju:/ is long sustained and mixed with the other voices, but u can hear the 'th' a few times.            

maybe i was influenced all the time by his comment on the track and those words altogether pictured the image of a young girl crying for the discovery of the adults' life, or something like that... too much imagination?

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2005, 18:46

@ Maria: I understand perfectly what you mean, but I think that what you hear as 'th' is nothing more but the Vocaloid's rendition of an aitch (H). "Surfing" is done with another program, OK, but the very metallic accent with which the H at the beginning of "Have you seen" is sung makes it sound almost like "thave" (IMHO)... exactly the same as here in "Tears", where 'Heal' or 'Hear' sounds almost like 'kill'. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
afghan Offline

Posted: May 19 2006, 11:55

I know its here somewhere ,but could someone please post the lyrics for TOAA and some info to what it is about.Personaly speaking i think this is the best oldfield track for some time.

--------------
may you never run aground or fall into the deep deep sound
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: May 19 2006, 18:03

I really like TOAA, as well. I merged your topic with one of the TOAA lyrics discussions. I found it by searching under "tears" or "toaa" in the search feature, restricting it to the L+S forum, and "from the beginning or newer."

IIR, there were also discussions of the lyrics scattered among more general L+S topics, as well.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
10 replies since Oct. 01 2005, 18:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net