Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (10) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TB4 announced with multitrack mixing and VR player< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 29 2020, 19:49

Quote (tarquincat @ June 29 2020, 09:36)
people can be as mean spirited as they like as long as they put a smiley on the end.
:)

Fuck you  :laugh:
Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: June 30 2020, 03:29

:laugh: I cannot see any mean spirit, nightspore. Actually, I cannot see any spirit at all.
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: June 30 2020, 07:20

OK Folks, I only tried to ask for people to be a little more constructive in their criticism.
Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: July 01 2020, 10:43

I was referring to nightspore's joke, which I didn't understand.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 04 2020, 09:26

I was simply being playful with regard to tarquincat's observation - following a curse expression with a smiley.
]
@omgmo: you recognized it was a joke, so you understood it!
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2020, 13:58

Quote (tarquincat @ June 30 2020, 07:20)
OK Folks, I only tried to ask for people to be a little more constructive in their criticism.

No, you weren't. You lashed out at me for not liking TBII.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2020, 08:03

Mike, where are you? why so silent for so long!!!!!
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2020, 04:59

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Aug. 20 2020, 08:03)
Mike, where are you? why so silent for so long!!!!!

He's fairly active over on Facebook. He likes curating Facebook polls asking which of his albums are peoples favourites and what are peoples favourites by other artists. He also clearly likes and enjoys all the Youtube clips people post covering his music.

Personally out of all the social media sites Facebook is my least favourite but I can see why it works well for someone like Mike. He can curate it how he wants it. If you're not on Facebook you can always create a page for yourself with minimal information just to see Mike's group page.
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2020, 15:02

Maybe he's just working hard on TBIV and it'll be released in 2021 as a triple LP / double CD, utterly epic in scale and rich in melody and texture.  One lives in hope...

... oh, and he'll have changed direction midway through the TBIV project and decided to call it Korama
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2020, 18:46

Quote (Platinumpty @ Dec. 06 2020, 15:02)
... oh, and he'll have changed direction midway through the TBIV project and decided to call it Korama

Or a companion album called Koshiva. But I see it's wordgame time, so maybe he'll change it to Blue Rustball (an anagram of Tubular Bells).

This website mentions a blue rustball - perhaps it's a concealed message  :laugh:

https://www.alfabb.com/threads/blueberry-gets-one-for-himself.35749/

Koshiva unscrambles to HIV Oaks...
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2020, 21:49

Quote (nightspore @ Dec. 06 2020, 18:46)
maybe he'll change it to Blue Rustball (an anagram of Tubular Bells)

“A Bull’s Butler”

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2020, 02:43

I would have expected some update of music he has been working on by now, his comment about enjoying Return To Ommadawn is 4 years old in January!! Why did the delux re-release program stop?
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2020, 07:59

May be clutching at straws...

On Tom Newman's Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/tom.newman.338/posts/3992247874141379

Possible Amarok Re-Issue ? Or another Newman/Robert Reed "homage" ?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2020, 18:47

Maybe an Amarok 2? The fact that the backwards K is slightly different in style from the forwards one prompted me to look at the original Amarok artwork, where, of course, left and right aren't quite symmetrical either.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2020, 03:17

That is interesting. I hope it is a deluxe re-issue for Amarok, could explain why Mike has been silent for so long, I am sure a 5.1 remix would take time. It would be great also if Tom has something to do with it too.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2020, 19:44

Not sure I see the point of "revamping" all the more recent albums. Amarok sounds fine as it is. Sooner or late the law of diminishing returns has to kick in. For example, on Return to Ommadawn a few of the trickier guitar passages aren't quite as good as they could be. Is MO going to redo the whole album??
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2020, 02:49

Those parts on Return To Ommadawn were deliberately left in by Mike, he said so himself.

I don't think Amarok needs a remaster as I don't think enough copies of the original have been made, but a 5.1 mix would be great. I would also like it to be re-released because it would make the album well known, to many people have not heard it, and it is amazing and unique.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2020, 19:02

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Dec. 10 2020, 02:49)
Those parts on Return To Ommadawn were deliberately left in by Mike, he said so himself.

I don't think Amarok needs a remaster as I don't think enough copies of the original have been made, but a 5.1 mix would be great. I would also like it to be re-released because it would make the album well known, to many people have not heard it, and it is amazing and unique.

The Amish of course deliberately introduce faults so that God won't think he has competition  :laugh:  Others might say the idea that flaws are "deliberate" is making a virtue of necessity  :D

As for making Amarok well known, Schopenhauer said something along the lines of "the genius has greater power to give than the audience has to receive". In other words, don't bother; it would be a waste of time.
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 26 2020, 10:23

I think a remaster of Amarok and/or a 5.1 mix could be really interesting - much more so than a re-recording would be.

Certainly the mastering of the album could benefit from some of the offline processes we have now to keep the dynamic range - have the loud bits loud and the quiet bits quiet - whilst also being able to look at the whole album at once. It must have been quite a challenge to master at the time. I guess there'd be the opportunity to discuss whether to have it as one long track again or not too.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2020, 18:14

All these perceived things that need to be improved are just things sent to torment the musician. The album is fine as it is.
Profile PM 
180 replies since Jan. 03 2017, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net