Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (10) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TB4 announced with multitrack mixing and VR player< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 16 2023, 21:21

Ah, so by "teaser" Platinumpty meant a kind of entree with the excerpt of TB4 to be not the main course as such but perhaps the soup or the fish  :laugh:

Interesting that the cover of the new release shows an airplane hovering over the sea and not a tubular bell. Probably just as well, in case Joe Biden ordered it shot down  :D
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2023, 02:24

This is a bit disappointing, I was hoping for something new from Mike, but I guess there is still time for new announcements, this could just be the start :) However, I like the artwork.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2023, 20:58

With a name like O Pus, let's hope only the music is infectious!
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 17 2023, 23:06

Mike just made a rare post on FB alluding to more music to come.
And no he didn’t say what that was just asked us to wait a while.
Cheers.
Profile PM 
billyb67 Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2023, 20:11

Quote (Milamber @ Feb. 17 2023, 23:06)
Mike just made a rare post on FB alluding to more music to come.
And no he didn’t say what that was just asked us to wait a while.
Cheers.

do you have a link to that? I can't see that post anyhere
Profile PM 
billyb67 Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2023, 20:15

Am I the only one who sees a link between Mike's virtual disappearance from the internet to that split that he had with that lady, was it Carol? some publicist or something? Seems a mighty coincidence to me
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2023, 21:10

Quote (billyb67 @ Mar. 08 2023, 20:15)
Am I the only one who sees a link between Mike's virtual disappearance from the internet to that split that he had with that lady, was it Carol? some publicist or something? Seems a mighty coincidence to me

I'm sure that Mr O, as a "true lover", would have the "magic touch"!  :laugh:
Profile PM 
jayjay16428 Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2023, 11:37

Quote (billyb67 @ Mar. 08 2023, 20:15)
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2023, 09:15

Oh dear… https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news....amp

“Last ever recording from Mike”

Can that be true?
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2023, 10:29

Firstly, it's great that we will have 8 minutes of new Mike Oldfield music, which sounds really intriguing. It's interesting that Mike apparently retired from recording in 2018 nothing was officially announced, and why did nothing else happen after he delivered this TB4 intro?

Is this really the last thing Mike is going to record? I find it strange that, music has been his everything for his whole life, can he just stop? If it is true, then I find that very sad, maybe he can just carry on with the deluxe album releases.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2023, 11:25

The official email states as much:

The 50th anniversary edition includes the last-ever recording from Mike heard for the first time; the stunning 8-minute track “Tubular Bells 4 Intro”

Perhaps there will be elaboration on his circumstances if any part of today's media is planning to participate in any further publicity, but that will always be a matter for Mike and his closest associates.  I've wondered on and off about the long hiatus; of what may have changed in his life, and have been assuming retirement.  I wish that were otherwise, but I consider myself fortunate to have been his fan and to have experienced as much of his career in my lifetime as I have.

However, this does imperil my purchase of the Record Store Day release of Opus One...  ;)

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
jayjay16428 Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2023, 11:55

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Mar. 31 2023, 10:29)
Firstly, it's great that we will have 8 minutes of new Mike Oldfield music, which sounds really intriguing. It's interesting that Mike apparently retired from recording in 2018 nothing was officially announced, and why did nothing else happen after he delivered this TB4 intro?

Is this really the last thing Mike is going to record? I find it strange that, music has been his everything for his whole life, can he just stop? If it is true, then I find that very sad, maybe he can just carry on with the deluxe album releases.

I totally agree that this is very sad news indead! I too was really looking forward to TB4 and also the long awaited delayed deluxe album releases ("Islands" in particular) but I doubt if that is going to happen now.  Such a sad, sad day!
Profile PM 
jayjay16428 Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2023, 12:03

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ Mar. 31 2023, 11:25)

The 50th anniversary edition includes the last-ever recording from Mike heard for the first time; the stunning 8-minute track “Tubular Bells 4 Intro”

Perhaps there will be elaboration on his circumstances if any part of today's media is planning to participate in any further publicity, but that will always be a matter for Mike and his closest associates.  I've wondered on and off about the long hiatus; of what may have changed in his life, and have been assuming retirement.  I wish that were otherwise, but I consider myself fortunate to have been his fan and to have experienced as much of his career in my lifetime as I have.

However, this does imperil my purchase of the Record Store Day release of Opus One...  ;)

I have just ordered this:-

Mike Oldfield / Tubular Bells blu-ray
50th anniversary edition--SDE-exclusive Blu-ray Audio features a new Dolby Atmos Mix, 5.1 mix, Quad Mix, unreleased demo, new stereo mix & more!Tubular Bells Spatial Audio
Tubular Bells Part One – 2023 David Kosten Dolby Atmos Mix*
Tubular Bells Part Two – 2023 David Kosten Dolby Atmos Mix*
Tubular Bells Part One – 2009 Mike Oldfield 5.1 Surround Mix
Tubular Bells Part Two – 2009 Mike Oldfield 5.1 Surround Mix
Tubular Bells Part One – 1975 Quad Mix
Tubular Bells Part Two – 1975 Quad Mix
Tubular Bells Intro Edit – 2023 David Kosten Dolby Atmos Mix*
Tubular Bells Stereo Audio
Tubular Bells Part One – 2023 David Kosten Stereo Mix (48/24)*
Tubular Bells Part Two – 2023 David Kosten Stereo Mix (48/24)*
Tubular Bells Part One – 1973 Original Stereo Mix (96/24)
Tubular Bells Part Two – 1973 Original Stereo Mix (96/24)
Tubular Bells Intro Edit – 2023 David Kosten Stereo Mix (48/24)*
Tubular Bells 4 Intro – Demo (48/24)
The SDE-exclusive Blu-ray Audio of Tubular Bells is a limited edition item. It will be pressed based on demand and due to the short lead time to manufacture, it will be available to pre-order for 10 days only!!
It is £23 plus p/p so grab a copy NOW!!
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2023, 12:17

I have ordered it too, but the bundle that includes the CD.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2023, 12:35

Quote (jayjay16428 @ Mar. 31 2023, 12:03)
Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ Mar. 31 2023, 11:25)

I have just ordered this:-

Mike Oldfield / Tubular Bells blu-ray
50th anniversary edition--SDE-exclusive Blu-ray Audio features a new Dolby Atmos Mix, 5.1 mix, Quad Mix, unreleased demo, new stereo mix & more!Tubular Bells Spatial Audio
Tubular Bells Part One – 2023 David Kosten Dolby Atmos Mix*
Tubular Bells Part Two – 2023 David Kosten Dolby Atmos Mix*
Tubular Bells Part One – 2009 Mike Oldfield 5.1 Surround Mix
Tubular Bells Part Two – 2009 Mike Oldfield 5.1 Surround Mix
Tubular Bells Part One – 1975 Quad Mix
Tubular Bells Part Two – 1975 Quad Mix
Tubular Bells Intro Edit – 2023 David Kosten Dolby Atmos Mix*
Tubular Bells Stereo Audio
Tubular Bells Part One – 2023 David Kosten Stereo Mix (48/24)*
Tubular Bells Part Two – 2023 David Kosten Stereo Mix (48/24)*
Tubular Bells Part One – 1973 Original Stereo Mix (96/24)
Tubular Bells Part Two – 1973 Original Stereo Mix (96/24)
Tubular Bells Intro Edit – 2023 David Kosten Stereo Mix (48/24)*
Tubular Bells 4 Intro – Demo (48/24)
The SDE-exclusive Blu-ray Audio of Tubular Bells is a limited edition item. It will be pressed based on demand and due to the short lead time to manufacture, it will be available to pre-order for 10 days only!!
It is £23 plus p/p so grab a copy NOW!!

Opus One has now sunk without trace!  :p

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2023, 17:21

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Mar. 31 2023, 10:29)
Is this really the last thing Mike is going to record? I find it strange that, music has been his everything for his whole life, can he just stop? If it is true, then I find that very sad,

It can't be the absolute last because he has a song scheduled for release in collaboration with Tarja Turunen in the "Outlanders" series...sometime in the not-too-distant future.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2023, 23:02

Quote (Platinumpty @ Mar. 31 2023, 09:15)
Oh dear… https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news....amp

“Last ever recording from Mike”

Can that be true?

As I read this I check the date here in Australia... ummm... April 1.

Oh, if only they'd use their powers for niceness!  :laugh:

With regard to the Tubular Bells X and York collaboration pieces, I'd have thought their impact was via the videos, both of which are very impressive. Incidentally, the youtube video of "Never Too Far + Islanders"- the URL is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHCEp8zH2Ns - now, annoyingly, is interrupted halfway through with commercials. If anyone knows where it can be watched uninterrupted I'd be very grateful.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 01 2023, 03:19

Yes, I keep checking the Outlanders site for the track but it's not there yet.
Profile PM 
jjmillenium Offline

Posted: April 01 2023, 05:41

well, a couple of months ago, we talk with York and he told us that is not something new, it is a new mix of Never Too Far, that they released on 2013
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 01 2023, 05:43

That would be disappointing, unless he added a lot more guitars.
Profile PM 
180 replies since Jan. 03 2017, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net