Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (10) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TB4 announced with multitrack mixing and VR player< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
jjmillenium Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 15 2018, 10:23

I don't think that we will have any news from Mike in the near future
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 15 2018, 18:03

Yes, I was in Nassau recently, and while there was lots of reggae in the background not a tubular bell was to be heard  :(  :D  :laugh:
Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2018, 01:11

Perhaps he has to depart from Ommadawn, return to Hergest Ridge, depart from Hergest Ridge and then return to Tubular Bells.

It takes time.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2018, 05:38

Well if he's on Tr3s Lunas he may never get back!
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2018, 08:33

Quote (jjmillenium @ Nov. 15 2018, 15:23)
I don't think that we will have any news from Mike in the near future

What makes you say that?
Profile PM 
jjmillenium Offline

Posted: Nov. 19 2018, 12:31

well, last news from him were from a hospital. And there's more than one and a half year without any news. I hope that he feels ok, that's the first thing, but probably all the last things that happened to his life (the death of his son and father, the divorce, etc) they are beginning to take their toll.
He deleted the webpage of Tubular Bells IV, so, that means that probably there will not be any tubular bells IV.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2018, 20:22

Perhaps Mike wants to surprise everyone... lead everyone to believe there will be no TB4: and then suddenly, there it will be!  :cool:
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2019, 05:33

Quote (Olivier @ Jan. 03 2017, 17:11)
From Facebook:

Hi Everyone.
Happy New Year to everyone !
Hope you will love RTO as much as I do, it is coming out very soon. As usual working on the next project and working on a Super Advanced music player for TB4 that will have multitrack mixing and Virtual reality as well as the usual high definition Audio.
Excited for 2017 !
Best wishes from Mike

So looking back at the last comments from Mike on future plans 2 years ago....

I don't think I or anyone really realise what a HUGE task this is if it is even achievable.

If this were to happen, how long do you think it would take 1 man ? The music alone usually takes an artist 2-3 years. But a new audio/visual system ? When you think there has only really been a handful of those - EVER
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2019, 05:59

I didn't know about the Virtual Reality aspect... that's very impressive.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2019, 07:37

I doubt he is doing that on his own, he had help with MusicVR, of course he will make the music on his won, but I think he has been involved with TB4 for a number of years now. But it is over 2 years since his Facebook announcement about TB4 so I hope we get some new news soon.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2019, 18:37

Whatever, his presence has certainly been very "low key" lately...
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2019, 05:50

So nearly 3 years since any update from Mike who had previously been reasonably communicative since starting production of Man on The Rock through to RTO release.

His facebook page is clearly not updated by himself, perhaps his kids judging by the childish polls posted.

Does anyone know anything on his health ?
Is he living in a cave ?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2019, 06:05

Why should Mike not be in spanking good health?  :D
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2019, 06:09

I know, his silence is deafening!!! He seemed really exited by the TB4 adventure in his last post, which was almost 3 years ago now. I was hoping that we would get a snippet of something by now though. The deluxe album release program seems to have stopped for some reason :/  which is a shame as I was looking forward to The Wind Chimes in 5.1 I have tried contacting Korgscrew on here, he was always someone in the know, but I have had no reply from him either!!! I guess the only other way is to contact his record company. Shame Caroline Monk is still not involved with Mike.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2019, 17:14

Well a bit of mystery and suspense will probably heighten the impact of the album when it does arrive! Look at the gap between album releases of Pink Floyd, and the frenzy when an album of theirs finally did come out.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2019, 22:56

Another possibility is that he may finally have become tired of the public's inability to give his music the attention it deserves, and has decided to keep it to himself. And who could blame him for that?
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 05 2019, 03:08

I doubt he thinks that way anymore. I think the exposure the Olympics opening ceremony gave him was enough validation.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Dec. 05 2019, 14:38

I can just imagine how un-motivated I would be if I was in Mike's shoes.

Even if your records chart, they sell very little. And releasing an album doesn't give you a lot attention these days. And he doesn't have to have an album out in time for his next tour, because he doesn't tour.

I imagine he'd been in demand as a session player or composer, if he wasn't in exile on a remote island. But with the choices he's made, It's not surprising if he'd chose to retire altogether. Perhaps he's got more rewarding ways to spend a day than to make music that appears to fall on deaf ears.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 05 2019, 16:40

Yes, those were the lines along which I was thinking. I suppose the Olympic music gave "exposure" but did it really grab the focus of people's attention? The Olympics, after all, attracts sporting, not music fans.
Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2019, 22:13

I would be satisfied with one third of what he's done. I cannot estimate how rare such an artist is IN THE WHOLE MUSIC HISTORY.

I only wish he is very very fine (and I thank him for everything).

And I think no exposure can match his talent.
Profile PM 
180 replies since Jan. 03 2017, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net