Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (10) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TB4 announced with multitrack mixing and VR player< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
jjmillenium Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 11 2020, 16:13

Is been 3 years since the last time that he talked about the album. To be honest, I think that he didn't find the inspiration that requires a TB project so he left it. Becouse, back in the day he accept any comments that we do on his facebook about TB4, and now, the other day he deleted every comment that we did on a photo about TB4.... so, something happened
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2020, 23:25

Can you remember roughly when the last facebook message was? I was thinking maybe around late March 2018?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2020, 08:59

I can't say how I have this information but Mike is being mysterious just for effect. TB4 will be released before the end of the year, and all the former favorite tubular.net members will be there to applaud it!
Profile PM 
jjmillenium Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2020, 06:56

well... after so many rumours and silence, I will not have any hope about that information. But, let's see if it's true...
Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2020, 10:59

nightspore didn't specify which year
Profile PM 
tubular.ed Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2020, 16:18

@nightspore is that for real or were you just being sarcastic?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2020, 18:34

I'm never sarcastic! All I can say is a "little bird" told me that that is how Mike plans to proceed.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2020, 07:23

Could we have something a bit more reliable than "a little bird"?

I can't remember Mike ever being this quiet, and assuming he isn't unwell, he must have been really busy in his studio for the past 3 years!! but usually that is enough time for him to make an album, even doing most of it himself. I remember Korgscrew used to be the one around here who had some inside knowledge, but he seems to be as quiet as Mike. :/
Profile PM 
TENLLADO Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2020, 15:14

It is a very long silence, and it is true that everything related to TB 4 has been eliminated.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2020, 19:06

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Feb. 18 2020, 07:23)

:laugh:
Profile PM 
Erick Offline

Posted: June 08 2020, 16:40

Myself I had posted nice 3d works (posted in the Artwork section of this forum) with the bell that have been rejected... still I want to believe, and have faith in this "little bird" !!! About the fb group, I'm done really, bored to death by the generic official posts, looks like they all come from a lousy weak AI... :[
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: June 09 2020, 08:09

It's a shame Caroline Monk doesn't still work for Mike, she could tell us what is going on with Mike.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: June 14 2020, 08:36

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Feb. 18 2020, 07:23)

I can't remember Mike ever being this quiet, and assuming he isn't unwell, he must have been really busy in his studio for the past 3 years!! but usually that is enough time for him to make an album, even doing most of it himself. I remember Korgscrew used to be the one around here who had some inside knowledge, but he seems to be as quiet as Mike. :/

It is also possible that hasn't been busy at all. Perhaps he spends his days like any old dude, skyping the grandkids and cooking good meals. I think that's what I would do if I were him.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 14 2020, 19:36

Grandkids? Well it would be handy for things like recording Ommadawn style choirs or Millennium Bell girls' voices!

Speaking of kids, has anyone noticed the section of TB2 where there are sort of smacking noises and then what sound like children's cries? I always find this bit rather icky and skip over it.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: June 16 2020, 03:49

Quote (nightspore @ June 14 2020, 19:36)
I always find this bit rather icky and skip over it.

I feel like that about the whole album tbh. :P

--------------
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: June 16 2020, 09:37

Quote (larstangmark @ June 16 2020, 03:49)

Let's hope Mike is listening, who wouldn't want to get an album out given that positivity !

I bet you can't wait to criticise TB4 for not being original, yet equivalent to TB, HR, O & I ...
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: June 17 2020, 12:15

Quote (tarquincat @ June 16 2020, 09:37)

Let's hope Mike is listening, who wouldn't want to get an album out given that positivity !

I bet you can't wait to criticise TB4 for not being original, yet equivalent to TB, HR, O & I ...

In fact, I'm not even waiting. But given it does eventually arrive, you are correct.  :cool:

--------------
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: June 22 2020, 09:50

Quote (larstangmark @ June 17 2020, 12:15)

In fact, I'm not even waiting. But given it does eventually arrive, you are correct.  :cool:

Of course we don't all have to worship at the feet of our idols, but I find it strange someone would bother being a member of & posting on a Forum of someone who makes music they haven't liked for over 40 years, which is what you appear to have just said.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: June 28 2020, 11:48

Quote (tarquincat @ June 22 2020, 09:50)
Quote (larstangmark @ June 17 2020, 12:15)

Of course we don't all have to worship at the feet of our idols, but I find it strange someone would bother being a member of & posting on a Forum of someone who makes music they haven't liked for over 40 years, which is what you appear to have just said.

I've been a member here for ages, and lots of the members here only enjoy certain periods of Mike's career (I for example enjoy albums like Tres Lunas and Return to Ommadawn, while I actively despise TBII). I even added a smiley to make sure my post wasn't read as mean-spirited. I'm not too amused to get "...what are you doing here then"-type replies.

--------------
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: June 29 2020, 09:36

people can be as mean spirited as they like as long as they put a smiley on the end.
:)
Profile PM 
180 replies since Jan. 03 2017, 17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net