Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TB demos, Ommadawn 5.1 in 2004, TubeWorld for Xmas< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 27 2003, 15:56

The Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-A artwork is available at mikeoldfield.com], where Mike also says that his next project is a 5.1 mix of Ommadawn to be released in the first half of 2004. Contrary to Warner, Mike says that the DVD will include the original Tubular Bells demos. The Tube World should be finished for Christmas.
Profile PM 
Henrik Hoffsten
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 27 2003, 16:22

Great to get a new refreshed version of Ommadawn too!  :)

Good that Mike add the Original TB demos to the TB03 DVDA..
theweightless Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 27 2003, 16:28

can they copy protect dvd-audio..will they

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2003, 17:55

Well, copy protection by encryption is at least part of the standard, so no standard DVD-Audio player should have problems with copy-protected DVD-Audio disks. More concern to the audiophiles might be the option of watermarking, which will be present even in analog stereo output.
_Look here_ and _here_

So we have TB2003, will get Ommadawn2004, what next - HergestRidge2005, or perhaps something completely new, just for a change?
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2003, 18:26

I would be very happy IF the original TB demo's would be included.

It was he who promised, not Warner, so we'll just have to wait and find out.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2003, 18:45

Finally some news from Mike after almost 3 months with no sign.And good ones!

Ommadawn 5.1 mix - fab!
It´s one of my fav albums.

The Tube World - sounds quite nice.And he´ll return as an Avatar to play with us!

His hobbies - motobikes now,please,take care!
Don´t have and accident and break any part of the body and get a scar! Too bad...I´ve got one on my right elbow and I know what is like!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Vinz Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2003, 04:33

Wow ! Tones of good news :
_ Ommadawn 5.1
_ Tubular Bells demos release with TB2003 DVDaudio !
_ Tube World for Christmas
_ Mike seems to be quite happy in his life in this moment (Helicopter models, motorcycle...)

Well, I'm happy too. But there's no news about a new CD with Tube World : a lapse of memory ?

And, by the way, Mike is right : "Life is good" !

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2003, 07:47

It's certainly a much needed step in the right direction to include the original TB demos, thank you Mike. If he's going to release Ommadawn in 5.1, and I'm not in knocking the idea, it would be great if he included something extra here as well. With the potential of the DVD format and taking into consideration what a special album Ommadawn is, it would be great to show some old TV footage/interviews from when Ommadawn was released or even this time include a small up to date interview with Mike regarding the album and his thoughts on it now.

ps Everybody I know who has ever owned a motorbike has come of it at some point, they're way more dangerous than horses Mike!!!
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2003, 09:58

ps Everybody I know who has ever owned a motorbike has come of it at some point, they're way more dangerous than horses Mike!!!

Yeah, don't repeat what Mark Knopfler did!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be careful!!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2003, 14:15

As for the extras to the Ommadawn 5.1, he could do a re-recording of On Horseback called "On Motorbike" :p
Profile PM 
Spinne Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2003, 15:29

So we have TB2003, will get Ommadawn2004, what next - HergestRidge2005, or perhaps something completely new, just for a change?

I can see it: Boxed 2005 including TB2003, HR2005 and Ommadawn 2004, plus Collaborations 5.1  :/

I would be very happy IF the original TB demo's would be included

I can't believe he hasn't deleted/destroyed that tape. I think it must be something like a re-recording of what included those demos (in that case it wouldn't be the same :O )

But there's no news about a new CD with Tube World : a lapse of memory

Not, the Tube World was conceived to be released at the same time as TB2003 (as the first chapter of the game was attached to Tr3s Lunas).

Sorry for being a little bit negative but...
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2003, 16:55

Is it to much to hope for that the Tubular Bells excerpt, Moonlight Shadow, Family Man, secrets and Far above the clouds that was cut out on the Tubular Bells 3 live DVD will be INCLUDED in the upcoming DVD-box set.

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2003, 17:17

Quote (Thomas Höögh @ Aug. 28 2003, 22:55)
Is it to much to hope for that the Tubular Bells excerpt, Moonlight Shadow, Family Man, secrets and Far above the clouds that was cut out on the Tubular Bells 3 live DVD will be INCLUDED in the upcoming DVD-box set.

I guess they won't... they're Virgin... :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2003, 18:20

i'm looking forward to new music but regarding he'll be building the tube world... (btw. 'a massive tube maze' sounds exciting)
when we first listen about his idea to make that 5.1 mix of ommadawn, i thought it could be just words... but it seems he's keeping the idea. sure it will be good to listen to a polished ommadawn.
i hope autumn goes soon to uk and that it rains heavily, so he has to stay at home working instead of going outdoors to ride motorbikes or fly jet model helicopters :D

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Glorfindel Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2003, 11:05

So how many of you have got DVD audio players
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2003, 11:52

A 5.1 mix of Ommadawnis a great thing to look forward to,but i feel Mike will have to announce soon what his new project is,concerning new music,because there is a lot of old music being played with at the moment,while although it is great hearing these classic albums in a new way,i am looking forward to hearing new stuff,but i really get the feeling that Mike is going to write a long instrumental very soon,because he has being going back to his roots with Tubular Bells and now Ommadawn,so,he is in the mood for it,plus he must have lots of new music up his sleeve,because his last and next albums contain no new music,so he has had a long time to write some good stuff,and we all know Mike is always making new music.It is interesting though that he is going to release Ommadawn 5.1,because i thought his record contract meant that he had 1 more chill out album to make?,or do 5.1 mixes not feature as part of that contract?.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2003, 15:27

Quote (Glorfindel @ Aug. 29 2003, 17:05)
So how many of you have got DVD audio players

AFAIK an Audio DVD player is the same as an ordinary DVD player. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
SCprogfan
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 29 2003, 17:14

Quote (Ugo @ Aug. 29 2003, 15:27)
AFAIK an Audio DVD player is the same as an ordinary DVD player. :)

DVD-Audio is different.  I have a DVD-A player.  The sound is wonderful.  For me it's all about the high resolution stereo, not the surround sound.  I have Yes-Fragile and Magnification, The Corrs-In Blue, and Beethoven Symphony 9 and they all sound amazing.
Glorfindel Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2003, 04:44

To hear DVD-A you will need a DVD-A player I'm afraid.
I bought a SACD / DVD player assuming Mike's catalogue would be released in that format, silly me  :/
Profile PM 
Glorfindel Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2003, 04:46

HAve a look at this link - http://www.digitalaudioguide.com/faq/dvd-audio/faq_intro.htm
Profile PM 
67 replies since Aug. 27 2003, 15:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net