Group: Members
Posted: May 31 2003, 04:55

Hi
Is the tb2003 dvd worth buying
Profile PM 
Bubular Tells Offline

Posted: May 31 2003, 07:56

No, all it contains is the first 3 tracks of the cd in 5.1 format and the video of the dance version of Introduction, which also can be seen on the Tubular Bells 2003 website (be it in a smaller size).
It sure isn't worth the 5 euro extra. BTW can you call it a bonus DVD if you have to pay for it?
Profile PM 
Mick_K Offline

Posted: May 31 2003, 14:11

No I don't think it's worth buying either. There is about 10 minutes of material on it, I must say the graphics are good on Introduction 2003 - The Video, but I expected a bit more than 3 minutes 41 seconds. As for TB 2003 I like it for what my opinion is worth.

--------------
Pass the Wine Gums, Horace !!!!
Profile PM 
Duncan Offline

Posted: June 01 2003, 14:38

for the difference in price - a couple of quid via CD wow - certainly not worth NOT buying it.

A nice taster of the 5.1 mix as well.
Profile PM 
superfess
Unregistered

Posted: June 10 2003, 07:29

Hey Buy The bonus DVD!!
I know it's only about 10 minutes but if you have a dvd player with a 5.1 decoding system the experience will be fantastic...

it's about 3 years that i'm asking why artist don't do music in 5.1.. and thanks mike! (Hoping all the album will be also in 5.1 soon)

SuperFesss
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 10 2003, 10:19

Quote (Guest @ June 10 2003, 12:29)
it's about 3 years that i'm asking why artist don't do music in 5.1

I could give you quite a few answers to that one...but that would be off topic.

If you're buying it for the 5.1 tracks, the bonus DVD is only worth it if you don't intend on buying, or can't wait for the DVD-A edition (which with any luck will have a DVD video compatible 5.1 mix as well... ).

I thought that the Introduction video was pretty rough quality, with even the soundtrack not being too great - it sounded like they'd let one of their monkeys loose with a compressor again.
Profile PM 
5 replies since May 31 2003, 04:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net