Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: TB 2003 5.1 & Video (Bonus DVD), Whats the story?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Brewer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 29 2003, 21:57

Oks i've watched the DVD and listened to the 5.1 mix. Whilst i read that a special DVD is coming out soon with the full 5.1 remix, whats the position with respect to the "Video".

I really was impressed with the video, it was very relaxin and would love to see more. Is there going to be a full video for the whole album or was that it. Anyone got any ideas.

--------------
Maker of MOs favourite beverage

No trees were harmed in the creation and sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Profile PM 
Tellur Offline

Posted: June 30 2003, 05:06

Isn't the new DVD a concert DVD of TB?
Profile PM 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: June 30 2003, 05:33

no
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 30 2003, 07:40

The new release is a DVD-A disc of Tubular Bells 2003, containing the 5.1 mix of the album which was previewed on the bonus DVD.
It also contains a DVD-Video portion which includes excerpts from the Tubular Bells 2 and 3 concerts - no new video, just more stuff you've already got...
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: June 30 2003, 12:37

So top marks yet again to WEA and their thoughtfull little efforts. I don't know how they manage it.

Dear WEA.
             You are without doubt the worst record company in
             the entire known world.
                                             Yours (not very) Faithfully
                                                                   Toby
Profile PM 
Mige Iranzo Offline

Posted: July 08 2003, 15:34

Dear Wea:

Please, DIE!

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: July 08 2003, 16:22

They are just bleeding the TB name dry after that they'll dump Mike, which is good because then he can concentrate on the things he wants to do and not the shit that wea spain want him to, the best releases of his career were with virgin, there must be sooooo much stuff, we as fans, would love to see, rare live footage, unreleased tracks etc, but throwing together a dvd with bits of stuff we already have is an insult, Mike should leave warner NOW!!!!!

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 08 2003, 16:59

Dump Mike? But they care about his music so much - Mike says so ;)

Funny how a little distance gives a different perspective on things, eh?

Actually, to be fair to them, at least the majority of the DVD-A is kind of something new - that is, the 5.1 mix of Tubular Bells 2003. I have spoken cynically of even that elsewhere (have a look at the related topic in the news forum), so I shall leave it at that for now, on that subject...
Having production notes is also a good thing, as is the higher audio quality it should offer to those with compatible players.

Maybe with this release, they'll even manage to create something which doesn't destroy DVD players at random.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: July 08 2003, 19:08

Burgular Tell you are completely right. I'm glad I'm not the only fan feeling utterly ripped off and generaly disillutioned with Mike's 30th Aniversary year. I still can't believe what an anti-climax this all proving to be, why can't something be done for the fans just for once. I'm sorry but the prospect of TB2003 in 5.1 is not setting my MO world alight, how many of us own a 5.1 sound system? Probably not many, and getting one isn't very high on the list of things I need right now.

Why oh why oh why can't Mike actualy release a 30th aniversary CD or preferably DVD (or both) of rarities for us all to enjoy? Has anybody got a satisfactory answer for why something like this isn't happening? Bands and artists of much, much less commercial success have DVD's galore, so why not Mike?

I'm also affraid to say the prospect of the Tube World isn't an answer to any of my misgivings either. If it were a choice between having a really well put together DVD and the Tube World to celebrate Mike's aniversary I'd choose the DVD anyday.

To those fans who wish to stick up for Mike at this point and say it's all the record company's fault I would say that if Mike wanted certain things to happen then they would happen. A lot of the decision making about these things, at the end of the day, comes back to him and what he wants or more evidently what he doesn't want to do.  

Yours. An increasingly pissed off and disillutioned fan.
Profile PM 
SCprogfan
Unregistered

Posted: July 09 2003, 11:03

Well, I'm not as angry as some, but in general you are right, more treasures for the fans would make it a better 30th anniversary.  Why not make an official CD with stuff that so far is mostly on bootlegs, like Sally, Don Alfonso, early demos of songs, stuff that was only on 12" vinyl, possibly other songs shelved by the record labels?  Anyway, I don't have a surround system, (although I probably could round up all the necessary pieces in my junk at home to do it) but I would buy the DVD-A of Bells 2003 just for the high resolution stereo mix.  I already have some others, and they sound excellent.
9 replies since June 29 2003, 21:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net