Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Taverne De L'Olympia May 1970, Kevin Ayers & The Whole World< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Airborne Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 08 2010, 06:54

Stumbled upon these last night, but they have been up 6 months. Amazing how these are showing up 40 years after the event! Enjoy.

Pt 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvO8uQqLxgA

Pt 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T9NFEyzB7o
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 08 2010, 13:20

:) Great to see Mike had already his own gestual !... on his face and with his hands when he was playing his instrument !

Heyy ! Kevin speaks a perfect French ! ohh God the lyrics in French were really in the Seventies mood ! Listening to Mike when he sings is a pure happiness !
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: July 08 2010, 16:43

yeah what great quality footage.   I like some of KA's later albums but find the music from the era shown here to be mostly awful, but I guess they were having alot of fun up there.  What an amazing experience for the young MO.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 11:15

GREAT MATERIAL! Thank you so much!!!

You can see David Bedford without beard, but with his Vox organ which Mike later used for his demo and Tubular Bells / Hergest Ridge recordings. :)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: July 29 2011, 11:56

AMAZZZZZZZZZZZING find HISTORY REVEALS ITS SELF, thank you for sharing it with us in the words of the MaestrO himself ONLY TIME WILL TELL. What else might emerge?.

One wonders what else people will find in bags covered in dust one day soon, unbelievable quality, looks as if it was recorded only yesterday with hi tech gear !, & also really nice to find so many people taking an new or renewed interest in MO & the site.
THANKS AGAIN
I1

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: July 30 2011, 05:36

What surprises me is that Mike was already leaning towards that sustained sound on guitar, with very limited means of achieving it, back in those days. You can also hear his style coming thru. Awful music but a great recording. Thanks for putting that up. :)
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 30 2011, 10:43

Quote (0+1(I1) @ July 29 2011, 11:56)
unbelievable quality, looks as if it was recorded only yesterday with hi tech gear !

The guy on the flute, not being dressed in anything stereotypical of the era it was recorded in, completely looks like he could have been filmed last week.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: July 31 2011, 06:09

Quote (CJJC @ July 30 2011, 16:43)
Quote (0 @ 1(I1)+July 29 2011, 11:56)
unbelievable quality, looks as if it was recorded only yesterday with hi tech gear !

The guy on the flute, not being dressed in anything stereotypical of the era it was recorded in, completely looks like he could have been filmed last week.

That's Lol Coxhill.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
7 replies since July 08 2010, 06:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net