Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tarja Turunen talks about Tubular Beats< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 10 2013, 01:59

The former Nightwish singer Tarja Turunen has spoken about her work on the upcoming Tubular Beats album. In a press release from earMusic/Edel, she claims that Mike is one of her idols, saying:

"It was such a pleasure to work with Mike Oldfield. The song turned out to be even better than I could have ever expected. Mike has a vast career and experience in pop, instrumental and electronic music. I love his music and his personal guitar sound.
My work in this song was inspired by Mike’s ‘Islands’ featuring another of my youth idol: Bonnie Tyler. A way to thank them for the nice melodies I grew up with was to add a line from their hit. And I believe Mike liked the idea too. That’s how ‘Never Too Far’ was born. Hope that you enjoy the song as much as I do."

The album is still on schedule for release on February 1st.
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 11 2013, 00:38

This sure raises high expectations...

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 25 2013, 13:40

It may be online only but remix album mentioned in a UK paper :-
Daily Express

Introduces Mike as a Guitar Great ... Obviously true but he's rarely described that way in the press.  :)
Profile PM 
2 replies since Jan. 10 2013, 01:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net