Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tape Version< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
David Mar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 25 2003, 10:15

Did anyone realise that the re-make of 'Tubular Bells' is available on cassette? You could buy it instead of risking getting it on CD AND it'd you'd save money as well!!
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: June 26 2003, 08:56

Yeah, but what a crappy sound quality, dude!
Holger Offline

Posted: June 26 2003, 13:13

BTW, why not on vinyl? That'd be a copy protection  :p
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 26 2003, 16:23

Didn't Metallica do something similar - have their albums remastered and then only release them on vinyl?

Actually, I'm surprised that TB2003 didn't appear on vinyl (or at least, hasn't yet). I'd be much more willing to buy a boxed set of TB2003, TB2 and TB3 on vinyl than this 3 CDs and a DVD box thing. I could stick the covers on my wall.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: June 26 2003, 17:14

Yeah I completely agree, I'd love to hear Far Above the Clouds coming off vinyl, the deeper bass sound might actualy marginaly improve the rest of the album aswell.

All of this has to do with putting a bit of imagination into Mike's releases and WEA being so utterly lacking in everyway. What I find suprising (or not as the case may be) and slightly annoying, from a fans perspective, is that Mike obviously doesn't seem to give a f**k about any of this sort of thing. If he did we would have vinyl box sets, 30th Aniversary rarities collections, TB premier concerts and all the other things other artists/groups of his stature have.

Oh well at least we have the Tube World  :/
Profile PM 
Alastair Campbell
Unregistered

Posted: July 07 2003, 19:56

Oh well at least we have the Tube World   :/

Sheesh is it that bad !!!!!LOL! :D
SCprogfan
Unregistered

Posted: July 09 2003, 11:36

Vinyl does not have "deeper bass sound".  Most low end is removed from the information pressed onto the disc because otherwise the stylus would jump out of the groove everytime you played it.  The bass is added back in by a standardized EQ section in your phono pre-amp.
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: July 11 2003, 12:10

Oh, that explains it. :D I also thought vinyl had a deeper bass sound. But I still consider vinyl as the best quality. :D

TB2003 on cassette???? Jeez, didn't know that still excisted. I even don't know a shop for miles here in the area which still sells tapes.

What about TB2003 on minidisc? I do know guitars was released on minidisc (although I also don't know a shop in the neighbourhood which sells pre-recorded minidiscs)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
7 replies since June 25 2003, 10:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net