Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Taking Amarok out for the first time!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ThisName Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 01 2006, 06:47

Just thought I would share with everyone that I will be listening to Amarok outside in the open air for the first time with my mp3 player. I am going down to the bay, a really idylic and beautiful place full of peace with boats gently moving across the harbour. I am hoping saturday night at about 8pm it will be nice, with the sun going down and I am going to sit and watch the water and boats to the sound of Amarok.

It sounds silly, but I really am looking forward to it!

I just hope its a reall nice night!

Fingers crossed!

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 01 2006, 19:16

I hope you enjoy Saturday night, and the weather is bright and sunny :) . Strange English/Welsh weather we're having :O .  
Happy listening  :) .

I do feel drawn to towns with rivers or  the sea, don't know why,maybeI find water so peaceful,or if not water then I'd like to   live on a hill, with plenty of fresh unpolluted air.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: June 02 2006, 19:05

I find driving to Amarok difficult, it makes me feel as though i'm going to Crash.

I have to be in the mood and listen to it whilst doing nothing else.

I'm sure listening by the sea and with the boats bobbing around will be a good place and a nice contrast.
Have Fun
Ray   :cool:

Don't forget to take you sunglasses...!

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: June 02 2006, 19:13

I would only really listen to Amarok in the safety of my own home, but whatever floats your boat...

For music to watch sunsets by, my first choice would be Incantations.
Profile PM 
Pendragon Offline

Posted: June 06 2006, 19:29

I'm sure you had a wonderful time.  :)

I too recently got an MP3 player.  Now my whole life (most of it anyway) is set to Mike's music.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 06 2006, 20:44

Amarok is going to be my choice of music when I get my degree on biotechnology chemistry by the end of this year(I do hope so...)  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 06 2006, 20:46

Quote (Ray @ June 02 2006, 21:05)
I find driving to Amarok difficult, it makes me feel as though i'm going to Crash.

For me it it isn't that difficult,sometimes is soo good to exorcise our own demons whilst you're challenging the rush hour's transit...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: June 07 2006, 05:28

Quote (Jammer @ June 02 2006, 19:13)
I would only really listen to Amarok in the safety of my own home, but whatever floats your boat...

For music to watch sunsets by, my first choice would be Incantations.

Have to agree here, although I would have suggested Ommadawn first and Incantations second.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: June 07 2006, 07:17

a bay in the sunset sounds like perfect place and moment to listen to amarok in an open place for the first time. hope u enjoyed it.

when it came out, i burnt it on a tape and played it for the first time when we reached the top of a mountain at sunset after a trekking. it was amazing... when i listen to it, i still remember the feeling i had when i found mike oldfield was still "alive" and how!!

i have been thinking that i've played amarok in many different circumnstances and enjoyed it everywhere. actually, i can't think of a place where i have disliked it.
it's perfect to do a break at lunchtime by the seaside, but maybe my favourite moment to listen is at night, many times i play it with headphones before falling asleep. (hmm.. have i ever said i'm a bit hooked on amarok? :D)

as for the sunset, tr3s lunas and discovery are also great for me.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: June 07 2006, 07:39

Oooh, that's awesome...
Don't forget to bring along incantations and crises too... the way you described it, it also fits the mood perfectly!!  :cool:

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
ThisName Offline

Posted: June 07 2006, 09:38

Hi everyone, it was really nice down at the bay and i loved listening to amarok in a different environment. I too normally listen to it in headphones before i go to bed but looking out at the boats as the sun was setting just when the huge finale of the last minute boomed into my ears was really quite breathtaking! Unfortunately I could't let myself go at that point because there were people around but I did have a lovely warm feeling sweep through me! Not sure what to listen to next down there, I think incantations could be a good choice!

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 08 2006, 20:33

Quote (ThisName @ June 07 2006, 08:38)
Not sure what to listen to next down there, I think incantations could be a good choice!

Mmmm.....sounds like a wonderful experience, indeed, as does Incantations for the next outing....it's downright magickal at dawn and dusk. Can it be the sun descending? :)

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: June 21 2006, 16:45

Quote (Inkanta @ June 09 2006, 01:33)
Quote (ThisName @ June 07 2006, 08:38)
Not sure what to listen to next down there, I think incantations could be a good choice!

Mmmm.....sounds like a wonderful experience, indeed, as does Incantations for the next outing....it's downright magickal at dawn and dusk. Can it be the sun descending? :)

I agree Incantations would be a great one to play,  especially whilst watching the Sun  rise/set :cool: .

BTW I hope everyone had a Happy Summer Solstice today.

Somehow I had this thought of boats bobbing up and down in a harbour whilst playing Hergest Ridge.  HR is great towatch sunsets by too,as is Ommadawn     :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: June 21 2006, 17:56

I found that listening to Amarok on my walkman eased me through the day when I worked on the production line at the Nissan car plant, ten hour shifts fitting dust cap's onto the tyre valve's was made a lot more bearable. Thank's Amarok.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: June 21 2006, 18:24

I agree that Amarok does have a very cheering effect.  Along with Orabidoo, it's always been my music of choice for when I'm feeling depressed! Think it must be those jolty energetic jumpy bits, together with those calm toothbrushy bits, together with them happy african vocals... love it! :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
14 replies since June 01 2006, 06:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net