Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Take Four, compilation single< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ray Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 07:06

Any one remember Take Four, the single with Portmouth, Pipe Tune, Sailors Hornpipe et.

I have it as a single but I need a mp3 of pipe tune (also on the back of Cockoo song.   Can anyone send me one - I cant get to a USB record player for a few days.

Ta

Ray

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 07:29

Hey Ray....

As you know, I own everything about a man called Mike.....

Check your emails.....  

PS: I have put a small gift too!

:cool:  ;)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 14:48

Now Why didn't I think of asking you!   Thanks.  

Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 15:14

I know this thread may be in the wrong place but I couldnt find any where else it should go.

I bought Take 4 in about 1976/77? and it was this single that got me completely transfixed with Mr Oldfield's music.  I already had Boxed but there was no way I could play any of it at the time  apart from he intro to TB.  I must have spent hundreds of man hrs with my TEAC TU144, 4 track; trying to replicate these four tracks.  I even made a Bodhran out of a cardbord box!!  Must admit though the SG replica i was using cost about £40 and I had never played a guitar before.  I wish I had bought a real Gibson SG then, although being 14 I struggled to find £40.

I find this Single EP typical of early MO in relaxation mode - i.e, this was what he did for fun.  I can still listen to it now..er thanks to Yannich.. on my mac.

Silent Night is kind of along a similar track i think - and so is voyager.

Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 15:24

And another thing......

I just noticed my Take Four EP is made with White Vynil???

I had completely forgotten about that, was that normal or do I have an unusual Albeano record?

Was there a video to go with  TakeFour?

Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 18:51

@ Ray: as far as I know [and I'm very much sure about this, as I've been lucky enough to find a copy on eil.com, which I've just ordered! :)] Take 4 includes Portsmouth, In Dulci Jubilo, Wrekorder Wrondo and The Sailor's Hornpipe. No Pipe Tune - the only issuing of that song was, as you correctly remember, on the b-side of Cuckoo Song. There's no trace of it on Take 4.
About the albino vinyl... nope, I don't think you have a rarity. Printing 12'' records in coloured vinyl was fairly common around that time - I've got several 12''ers from around that time which are all coloured (red, yellow, pink, transparent blue, etc.). Plus, 12''ers have always been 'limited' by their own nature [i.e. they stay in the shops for 2 months, then they delete 'em and you can't get 'em anymore, anywhere - unless you visit eil.com, of course... and, sure as heck, you can not always find there a copy of what you're looking for! :D]. So I think that you just own a copy of the original pressing - just like the one I ordered. ;)

Videos? Well, Portsmouth had a video. And IDJ too. But I've never seen videos for WW or the Hornpipe, so I guess that a full Take 4 video was never made.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 19:09

Pipe Tune was also put onto a 2 disc  album released by Tellydisc called Impressions
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 19:26

There is a link for you Impressions and pipe tune is at no 7

Gary
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 08:23

@ Gary: I was referring only to Virgin releases. I'm not claiming to have any competence on anything that Mike relased outside of Virgin... or better, on anything by Mike that was released by non-Virgin labels - with or without Mike's approval. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 12:31

Quote (Ugo @ Feb. 10 2008, 23:51)
Take 4 includes Portsmouth, In Dulci Jubilo, Wrekorder Wrondo and The Sailor's Hornpipe. No Pipe Tune

It would be so nice for me to say I had a copy of Take Four of with Pipe Tune on it   ;)

But you are right - i was just trying to think where pipe tune was but I couldn't find my MO vynil records - but then after I posted I found some of them including Cookoo song - but I didnt have any way of making an MP3 from it.

I also have a five miles out record which is a picture vynil - now that is impressive.

Ray  :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
9 replies since Feb. 10 2008, 07:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net