Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Swiss SF Interview< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 03 2008, 19:03

Swiss TV channel SF has posted a 8 minutes interview dubbed in German about Music of the Spheres, Tubular Bells, and Moonlight Shadow among other things. You can watch the whole interview in English that took place in Palma de Mallorca here.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 03 2008, 20:46

;)  Great ! I like when Mike speaks with ... his hands ... like Italians do !  :D I also like the moment when he speaks about the sounds of nature , here is the Mike Oldfield i love !  ;)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 04 2008, 12:28

Quote (Tubular Tos @ April 03 2008, 22:46)
;)  Great ! I like when Mike speaks with ... his hands ... like Italians do !  :D I also like the moment when he speaks about the sounds of nature , here is the Mike Oldfield i love !  ;)

Mike seems so relaxed on that interview...if you compare to the Elements one,what a difference.His body language has evolved so much!

I do use my hands while I speak,here in Sao Paulo(where I live) there are lots of italian people,and most people,even the ones without descendence,do speak with their hands.

I didn't like the fact the video was too small and it focused only on TB and Moonlight Shadow.The sound of nature part was AB FAB !!!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Nacho Offline

Posted: April 04 2008, 18:13

Tati, there's a zoom in the right bottom corner. It's not full screen but it improves a lot! Did you try?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 04 2008, 20:49

Lucky that wasn't a print interview - I can imagine some journalists having a field day quoting that "I hate music" bit out of context!

Interesting, what he says about there being a beautiful feeling about silence, defined as there being no sound...I wonder if he means that. I personally find it rather disturbing - not the kind of silence you get when you're sat at home alone and there's no loud noise (I like that kind of 'silence'), but the kind you get in a heavily soundproofed room where there's really no sound and no reflection of sound.

Mike does look relaxed...looks like a relaxing placer there! Shame they couldn't have raised Mike up so we could see more of that instead of that rather boring wall...
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 04 2008, 23:10

Quote (Nacho @ April 04 2008, 20:13)
Tati, there's a zoom in the right bottom corner. It's not full screen but it improves a lot! Did you try?

I've tried it,but the quality isn't that good enough to me,but what I do care is the content of the interview  :)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: April 05 2008, 06:06

:D @ Tati ... don't forget my parents are Portuguese . I also speak with my hands sometimes . I was born in France , so my culture is French but i can't deny my genes come from Portugal .

Yes Mike seems to be very relaxed and , as a result , we are relaxed too .

;)
Profile PM 
6 replies since April 03 2008, 19:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net