Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sunday 9th September 2012, Piano game barrierless< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 08 2012, 07:01

Alan and me have decided to have a game tomorrow at 20.00 BST. We would like to try again the Piano Game trip and see if what I had the other day happens again.

I've been thinking of what I did before start collecting the rings that took me into the barrierless Piano Game.
I was wandering around the main area and found one of the stones with the ring inside that Ugo mentioned some days ago, which are in the way from the cactus to the Ring Tree. I "caught" one of them, I mean.. I got close to the stone and heard that subtle sound that is very similar to the one of the Blue Moth wings, and the ring disappeared (or maybe the stone and ring both disappeared, I can't recall that exactly..)

I don't know if this could affect and trigger the barrierless trip through the piano game, but just in case it does, I leave it here.

See you tomorrow in tr3s lunas!!

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2012, 03:33

Looking forward to it. In the first instance, I'll try to host the game - I've checked my router and it seems to be set up correctly. I'll post my IP here at 8pm uk time, and let's get that piano upstairs!
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2012, 14:59

Game's running:

Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2012, 15:10

I'm having the same problem as the other day.. Shall we try with my ip?

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2012, 15:13

I am connected for 30 sec and loss it
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2012, 15:13

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2012, 15:17

Gary, can you please try mi ip and see what happens?

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2012, 15:20

I am getting not connected notice.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2012, 17:40

And so, afetr much effort, we finally managed to connect to Matt, and then later Ugo hosted and I managed to join him.

So we have a conundrum or problem. What is with the router settings/port forwarding?

I joined maria last week and she hasn't changed anything. All very strange.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2012, 17:43

Yes.. it's strange indeed... I don't know why this all happened today.
While we were trying to connect, I checked my firewall settings and saw there were a couple of tr3s lunas boxes unticked.. I ticked them back, but I had not changed anything on my settings before tonight since the last time we played last year.. A mystery for me.

Can you play Tuesday evening?

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2012, 18:34

I have receive 2 e-mails from Colin but as I will not be available until next weekend I have forward the e-mails to Alan
and hopefully it will help in the future.  :D

Gary ;)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2012, 16:03

I'm going to add here the two messages I left in the Facebook group (they include the information Gary received from Colin):

Message 1

About all these connection problems: I've been looking through my router and trying to remember past conversations, and what I found was that (presumably left over from previous times) I had musicvr registered in the list of games several times under different names (MVR, Music VR, TLMaestro). I seem to recall Andreas telling me this would confuse the router, so I've done some tidying up. I deleted all existing entries for the game, and reinserted just one, forwarding port 45321 to 45321 (TCP), and assigning that entry to my computer.

So my router entry (it's a BT Home Hub) for MusicVR reads like this:

Protocol: TCP
Port range: 45321 - 45321
Translate to: 45321 - 45321
Trigger Protocol - (i.e. left blank)
Trigger port - (i.e. left blank)

I'm hoping this will solve the problem, but if anyone thinks there's something I've done that's wrong here, please tell me.

I had an email from Gary, who's been in touch with Colin. Colin confirms what Andreas told me, that the port forwarding is only necessary for a computer that is hosting the game. That suggests to me that somehow, we've all got the wrong entries in our routers except Matt. (We could all connect to Matt, remember.) In his reply to Gary, Colin wondered if the port forwarding should be 45322, but I don't think that's right. It's always been 45321 before - why should it be different now?

So what I'm wondering is whether we've all left residual similar game entries (under different names) from previous efforts, resulting in confusion in our routers, preventing us from hosting? At any rate, I'd be very keen to have another go at hosting now I've done this tidy-up.

Message 2

Here's an update to my previous post.

I have two computers here connected to my router (cable, ethernet). One is an old one, running XP SP2; the other is a much more recent one running Windows 7.

If I set up my router to forward port 45321 to my old XP computer, and then run it as server, I can then run Tres Lunas on my new computer and join the game on the XP computer - no trouble at all.

However, if I set up my router to forward the port to my newer Windows 7 computer and run it as server, I can't connect to it using my XP computer.

The solution in the short term is for me to set up my XP computer as a server when we want a game, and we should all be able to connect to it. But why can't we run our more modern machines as servers? Is it a Windows 7 issue? Matt - were you running Windows 7 last night?
Profile PM 
11 replies since Sep. 08 2012, 07:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net