Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: STRANGE THING IN TBII LIVE, A CROSS APPEARS AT 2'13/17"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
0+1(I1) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 04 2011, 01:30

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS?
a cross with the Greek letters alpha omega appear hanging from a cross is this normal alpha omega stand in Greek for the beginning & the end as in of all time and are in religion another name for GOD!.  Perhaps we are not alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....list=UL

PAY PARTICULAR ATTENSSION TO WHAT APPEARS ON SCREEN AT 2'13" to 2'17"

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
kazav Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2011, 06:28

Or maybe it means MO is God. I wouldn't argue with that.

--------------
The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2011, 18:16

Som3 would appear to think this is SO!

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2011, 18:46

:D i think it's more simple ! just read again the title of the video Tattoo Asturies ...why Asturies ? i think it's simply a video made by a Spanish and he added this cross which is the flag of Asturias !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asturias
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2011, 19:34

@ eye-one and everyone else: as I have remarked in another topic, there may be more to this than just the cross being in the flag of Asturies. Of course the cross logo itself is a superimposition - it wasn't in the original video of the Edimburgh performance. But, as eye-one says, alpha and omega is an important symbol of Christianity all around the world - it indeed means "beginning and end". However, the symbol was never used as a name of God, and was never used as a reference to God: it refers to Jesus Christ, and defines Christ as being the beginning and the end of all things, i.e. eternity. The association of those letters with the Christian Cross (the cross in the video is undoubtly a stylized version of a standard Christian Cross) is specifically meant, wherever it appears, as a reference to the everlasting presence of Jesus Christ (again, not God). The video was made, of course, by a Spanish fan, and, as I think all Spaniards who post here on tubular.net may confirm, Christian Catholicism is very deeply felt in Spain - much more than in all other European countries (even we Italians feel it a little bit less than in Spain). The Christian Cross and the alpha+omega symbol being in the flag of Asturies is, to me, a very clear indication of the importance given to religion, and to Christianity in particular, in the whole of Spain.

To put it in a nutshell, I don't think that the cross appears here as a reference to Mike Oldfield. It appears as a reference to Jesus Christ, to Christianity and, of course, to Asturies.

By the way, in response to eye-one's question "is this normal": if the question refers to the alpha+omega symbol being associated with the cross, yes, it's very normal and very widespread. If, on the other hand, the question refers to the presence of the cross logo in the video, of course it's not normal - it's a superimposition. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2011, 00:49

Thank you Ugo 4 your kind reply! yes my question was one regarding was this present in anyone's original copies of the video? as some of you here will know I am sadly separated from most of my MO collection in my Greek Island retreat lOOking after homeless and maltreated animals, and doing research work into a humanitarian effort to bring peace here.

Enough about that! back on to topic, the last couple of posts bought up some interesting points and thanks to the earlier poster Tubular Tos for bringing his web page link to the topic I must say though I wish you had posted before the site went down because I have spent the last 2 days finding the very same link.  Yet I also lOOked at this:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_and_Omega,

Mainly due to the fact that I was trying to find the true ID of the person who placed the superimposed image on the video, In order to ask them "WHY"! but with no success.

Now the question still remains why did this person place part of the CRI-RHO sign excluding the outer ring (the flag/emblem of this region is this sign contained in a shield not a stand alone cross it includes Aω) at this point in the video.  Why not at the start or end, the Alpha or OmegA points? why so carefully placed smack bang right in the middle of the video peeking at 2min 15.5 seconds? also placed center screen yet not over Mike but as if resting/emanating from his hand at the half way point? alot of care and thought seems to of gone into this would you not all agree?.

Further to Ugo statement regarding alpha omega I have found many references to this indeed meaning GOD not just Christ some in the above link, yet the 3 are meant to be of the same tree or ONE! HOWEVER AS ALWAYS I COULD BE WRONG! in what I have seen/read so far! but most seem to suggest an over all leaning to the father not the son or all as 1, for in the beginning Christ did not exist out side of the 1 & we are told he returned to the father so in the end will the entity exist as a separate body? thus I would feel from a purely a logical stance if one can be made regarding GOD or faith ALPHA OMEGA MUST BE AS PREVIOUSLY STATED referring to GOD or parts there of (the all are 3 in 1).
So please let us not be divided over such a minor poInt.

Sorry to feel I must argue the above POiNT however I felt it would be sad if what is possibly a fascinating TOPIC fell apart and goes unobserved because of a small detail.
Thank you to the three of you who have shown an interest so far.
CIAO 4 now fellow I3ell rIngers, I1...

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2011, 13:13

I found a new video by the same person/people on the Spanish mike Oldfield es site (if anyone has not visited this site I hIghly recommend it, marvelous photo section, discography etc).

http://www.mike-oldfield.es/detallevideo.asp?id=1036
OR VIEW ON U TUBE LINK BELOW!
Well please enjoy the spectacular vIews and note the Celtic Cross, also note that this time they choose to place the sign at the beginning & the END.
[ Where one might expect to find Alpha+omegA the start&finish]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdn_W6f_ThM&feature=player_embedded

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 08 2011, 18:11

Quote (0+1(I1) @ Aug. 08 2011, 04:49)
Now the question still remains why did this person place part of the CRI-RHO sign excluding the outer ring (the flag/emblem of this region is this sign contained in a shield not a stand alone cross inc Aω) at this point in the video.

Well...the coat of arms of Asturias places it within a shield, the flag simply shows it on a light blue background (on the left hand side when the flag is flown, but it can be centered - as shown in the video - for other purposes). The cross itself is modelled on the Cruz de la Victoria (victory cross) kept in Oviedo cathedral, which was carried by Don Pelayo in the battle of Covadonga. I presume its use is a reminder of his Christian army's victory over the Moors in that battle.

Personally, I think this particular cigar is just a cigar...that is, the flag of Asturias to accompany the images of Asturian landscapes.

Why he chose to put the flag in the middle of the video rather than somewhere else, I don't know. Have you tried contacting the creator (KARES06) via youtube?
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2011, 19:03

Korgscrew Ι looked for two days & I could find no contact POiNT.

Ι sεε u also noted how the cross appeared! its position?
and that in the other video it is where onε might expect it to appear if one had done it ones self!

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 16:41

Well everyone take a lOOk here http://en-gb.facebook.com/people....8333061 at mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId's own Face bOOk page & note what he has linked to under INTERESTS & activities: Other CLLFUND, zaradeth.es, Enseñar ASTURIAS, El Reservado, Dj Roberto Martin, BERTL BLUE, if the page changes I will post a screen print of it! if asked!.
((( so why the interest in this place? I ask you 4 answers.)))

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2011, 00:38

With a bit of luck I think I have managed to copy the link from MGO's Face Book page where Mike has stated this is of interest to him!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ense%C3%B1ar-Asturias/120937304610166

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2011, 02:29

Well found, I1 - let's hope the link doesn't disappear for future reference.
Profile PM 
11 replies since Aug. 04 2011, 01:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net