[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: starting a tune, guitar sound< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
akane Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 19 2003, 05:03

Hi all
wow, this board is better now.
And there are lot of nice songs, really

well, i am currently composing some music, but what i'd like is comment about the guitar sounnd i am trying to find.
The music is not finished yet so let's not judge about that =)

the guitar sound is at the end of the tune, tell me your mind about it ! thx

cooler (not real name)

--------------
Blue Haired Akané
Profile PM WEB 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 19 2003, 06:53

i like your music, it seem to break the air with stabs. the guitar at the end sounds great. i would try to sample it than to add some effect poor of treble, to make an experiment.

--------------
www.edoardofainello.com :::: www.fayeth.com :::: www.myspace.com/kahman
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: May 19 2003, 07:06

Only comments for the guitar? No problem.

I think the sound of guitar depends on wether you're going to add more instruments or percussion or such when the guitar kicks in. If you want that, then I think your guitar sound is quite neat. However, if you don't want this (and I guess you probably won't) then I must say that the guitar is a bit overpowering. I'm not sure how to explain it, it's kinda raw and naked, while I have the feeling that it's not meant to be like that... But of course, it isn't a long piece, so maybe leaving it like this and develop it further would make me change my mind completely.

But when I forget all this and purely go off on what I'm hearing, I might want to put the volume of the guitar a bit lower, so that there's fewer contrast between piano and guitar. But again, what you're doing now might work as well.

Keep it up coming, I'd say!  ;)

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: May 22 2003, 20:33

Very nice composition as a whole. The piano tune is very beautiful. As for the guitar, I too think it's just a bit too much in the foreground. As for the sound itself, it's got a little too much treble or something....I've had similar problems when trying to make an 'Oldfield-like' sound from an effects pedal. It's just a little too hissy or crispy or something. Crispy...I think that's the word. But the playing is very nice indeed!

This can be one GOOD track!! I can just hear things building up with low strings and timpanis and cymbols and....ahhh...!! I love epic and extravagant music!!! :D

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
bevy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 22 2003, 20:41

boss.. but ,,,

the end

just was about 2 go and....  

yes,, thats it????
Profile PM 
4 replies since May 19 2003, 05:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net