Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Spotify has caught up with QE2 Deluxe, Listening now< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJJC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 30 2012, 12:03

http://open.spotify.com/album/5hjVBhp4lvefsbY9kk61uf

Shiva is weeeeeird. I don't exactly hate it and it's nice to hear a) a real voice b) Mike's voice, but it's a real quick stopgap rare track.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 13:36

Quite like it.. Would of been nice to Hear a Maggie Version of it as well if they tried that in the Studio.. :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 30 2012, 15:18

It's be quite a nice little song if he just removed the original voices. Anyone know what the status was on the original multitrack tapes for this release? Were there any or is it just a tidy up of a stereo bouncedown?

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Hillbilly Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 06:08

What is the purpose of that track, "Shiva", really? It's just "Sheba" with Mike doing another voice over it? Strange...

I can't see any point in an edited "Wonderful land", as the album version is not too long for a single in itself!
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2012, 17:12

Quote (Hillbilly @ Aug. 03 2012, 06:08)
What is the purpose of that track, "Shiva", really? It's just "Sheba" with Mike doing another voice over it? Strange...

One would like to think that it's a thing Mike has wanted to do to the track for years and has never found a place to put it but, cynical though it is, I *feel* the more likely scenario is that there was some explanation to deliver a "rare" track so he created one solely for the purpose of being rare rather than sticking on one of the heavily requested rare songs (which he may no longer have access to).

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
ian Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2012, 04:32

Sounds to me like it's something he is making up as he goes along, sometimes not bothering to finish the words. The voice-over sounds exactly like a "voice-over". Very odd !
Profile PM WEB 
mitch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2012, 13:06

Quote (ian @ Aug. 06 2012, 04:32)
Sounds to me like it's something he is making up as he goes along, sometimes not bothering to finish the words. The voice-over sounds exactly like a "voice-over". Very odd !

I agree, loved the detail of the remastered album but Shiva really IS odd
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Aug. 10 2012, 09:02

shiva is odd and i love it! :D great track.. just how i love mike do it.. came back from vacation and the mo spirit has kind of RISE in here i see.. i saw mike on tv in lofoten far away from home.. was stunned to dust with the most OMG face ever.. what a suprise.. got the worst goosebomb ever when i saw it..

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
AUTOMATIC 18 Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2012, 12:18

The lyrics are all over the shop!
Profile PM WEB 
8 replies since July 30 2012, 12:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net