Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Speculation on reissues?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
drmusicj Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 04 2010, 15:57

Does anyone here have any thoughts on the reissues this year? I wonder if we will see a reissue of BOXED since Mike is reissuing the VIRGIN things. Still holding this thought until there's an OFFICIAL track ist for Hergest and Ommadawn and not just the AMAZON guesslists.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: April 04 2010, 18:12

If the re-issues will be what they promise (and I don't see why not), then I wouldn't be too interested in buying the first three albums again just because they're "boxed".
However, the collaborations disc should IMO be re-released as part of a "rarities" box set (orchestral HR etc.), but I'm not so sure that Mike's current record company could do that. There are some stuff on the Collaborations disc that is not Mike Oldfield strictly speaking. I doubt that Universal has bought the rights to David Bedford's back catalogue.
So I'd say cling on to your old copies...
Lars T

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
drmusicj Offline

Posted: April 04 2010, 20:17

Technically they aren't the same albums. I was just thinking MIXWISE. That's why I was pondering  how the next two OFFICIALLY are handled in the deluxe versions as far as tracklistings go....
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: April 05 2010, 05:23

Quote (drmusicj @ April 04 2010, 20:17)
Technically they aren't the same albums. I was just thinking MIXWISE. That's why I was pondering  how the next two OFFICIALLY are handled in the deluxe versions as far as tracklistings go....

When I think of the "next two" I'm thinking of Incantations and Platinum. In the official discography Boxed goes as compilation.
Lars T

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
drmusicj Offline

Posted: April 05 2010, 11:46

I refer to the next two reissues in my post as Hergest and Ommadawn.....
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 06 2010, 08:41

Quote (larstangmark @ April 05 2010, 05:23)
Quote (drmusicj @ April 04 2010, 20:17)

When I think of the "next two" I'm thinking of Incantations and Platinum. In the official discography Boxed goes as compilation.
Lars T

I believe it would be Incantations and Exposed(after HR and Ommamdawm of course).According to Korgscrew there's a possibility of some 'new' stuff for the Exposed re-issue.Now that would really be something!
 However i doubt they'll bother with Boxed but a rarities collection would be very cool indeed.I shouldn't think Froggy or the original mix for MO's Single would get on there but there's a ton of other early stuff that would be good to have.How about the concert at QEH?It was apparently properly recorded so it would be great to see it officially released.
 As i've said before the re-issue programme is surely aimed at the fans so it would be a massive bonus to get all this stuff out there for us all to buy.After all there are plenty of other artists/bands that release stuff purely for the fans (hell Status Quo have made a career out of it!!!;).

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
5 replies since April 04 2010, 15:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net