Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Space for songs?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Artemis Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 27 2004, 13:52

Im a big fan of Oldfield and have produced a few compositions I would like to put on the web, but am unsure on how to get the necesary web-space (preferably for free) can anyone here help me.

Many Thanks,

Artemis

--------------
Innocent in our Instinctive Competitiveness
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: June 27 2004, 18:48

Try one of the free webspace providers like Geocities. They don't have the most reliable of free space, but it's a possibility. If you only plan to upload your original compositions Soundclick is a good choice. Tracks hosted here can be streamed as well as downloaded in full quality

Other than that, your service provider allow for some webspace. In most cases it should be enough to upload mp3s to

Always keen to hear new fan tracks
Profile PM 
c_haese Offline

Posted: June 28 2004, 11:39

Quote (Jammer @ June 27 2004, 18:48)
Other than that, your service provider allow for some webspace. In most cases it should be enough to upload mp3s to

...or Ogg Vorbis files, which give you a better quality-to-filesize ratio and hence allow you to use your web space more economically ;)
Profile PM 
Steve Nicholas Offline

Posted: July 23 2004, 19:03

Hi! Sites like soundclick.com or ic-musicmedia.com (to just name two) do allow musicians to upload tracks to the site for free. They sweeten the deal for just a small amount, but I just go with the free package & its pretty good. Not too much trouble to set yourself up either. You'll also get a url that isnt too long. Good luck!-Steve

www.soundclick.com/stevenicholas
Profile PM 
Artemis Offline

Posted: July 26 2004, 02:55

Thanks for all our help I now have a page on soundclick at My Soundclick
It has 2 songs on it at the moment Holiday for Bells (Christmassy, John Williams piece) and Cylindrical (MO piece)

Artemis

--------------
Innocent in our Instinctive Competitiveness
Profile PM 
4 replies since June 27 2004, 13:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net