Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Slow posting< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 07 2005, 11:28

Has anyone else noticed that during the last few days there seems to be an unusually long delay after posting a message? Or is it just me?

(A few seconds later: and as if to mock me, I notice that the system posted this post almost instaneously! )
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: July 07 2005, 11:55

Actually, I now wonder whether this is just something to do with the length of a thread: that it takes longer to post to a long thread than it does to a short one?

Is this a Great Message Board Truth that has only just been revealed to me, as to Saul on the Damascus road? Or am I totally mistaken?
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: July 08 2005, 04:57

And eerily no one from the management replies speedily...

(In dracula accent) I fffinnk sommfingg wwerry stwaaange isss goink onn hieer...

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: July 08 2005, 05:02

It's not something I've ever noticed. Perhaps your internet connection is going slow sometimes? I know mine sometimes does.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: July 08 2005, 05:03

Quote (arron11196 @ July 08 2005, 09:57)
And eerily no one from the management replies speedily...

(In dracula accent) I fffinnk sommfingg wwerry stwaaange isss goink onn hieer...

:laugh:

Well, actually, it's hardly an urgent query! Still, I have noticed this difference in the last few days - and in fact it doesn't seem to be particularly related to length of thread, I am now noticing.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: July 08 2005, 05:06

Quote (raven4x4x @ July 08 2005, 10:02)
It's not something I've ever noticed. Perhaps your internet connection is going slow sometimes? I know mine sometimes does.

The long delay only happens after I click the 'add reply' button, Alex. Everything else seems as normal - and my internet connection seems fine at around 60k/s.
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: July 08 2005, 05:13

The Great Messageboard Truth has yet to be revealed to you... SHAZAMM!!!

(weak cough)

Yes, well normal programming will resume now, with recently revived members of the public.

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: July 11 2005, 17:14

that of the slow posting only happens to me in the artwork forum.
i know the messages have first to be seen by a moderator, but something strange happened to me not long ago when i posted a comment on trinidad's quicksilver image. i didn't expect to see it instantly, but it never appeared. there have been other replies but not mine. i wonder whether i did something wrong.
now i've posted another one after finding eeton's image. i've posted my message as i do in the other threads. am i missing something?

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: July 12 2005, 05:46

Maybe the moderators didn't like my image...  :/  You didn't write any swearword about it, right?  ;)

I think that, in the gallery, the posts which doesn't have any image could be displayed as normal ones. Is that possible, admins?
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: July 12 2005, 17:32

ahem.. swearwords.. well, maybe i thought  "j**er, qué imagen tan buena !!"  but i often control myself and turn that kind of thoughts into something more correct like "wow.. what a nice picture.." :D

i agree it would be good if messages without images could be seen when they are written, like in the other threads. imho, that way discussion about the artwork might be more fluent. don't know if that's possible though.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
9 replies since July 07 2005, 11:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net