Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Slipstream is a ripoff< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cinos Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 14:07

It's exactly the same at the start as in one of the songs that come along with Fruityloops, namely JasonC - Highpass.

This is really bad if there isn't an explanation.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 14:26

Well spotted.Mike is apparently sponsored by Fruity Loops in some way and decided to use the track because he liked it.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 14:34

Jason C aka Jason Cluts. If you look in the booklet, you should see the track credited to 'Mike Oldfield & Cluts'. It's not a ripoff, but rather a collaboration.
Profile PM 
Cinos Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 15:52

Quote (Korgscrew @ Sep. 26 2005, 14:34)
Jason C aka Jason Cluts. If you look in the booklet, you should see the track credited to 'Mike Oldfield & Cluts'. It's not a ripoff, but rather a collaboration.

Eh? This has to be a sponsor trick.  :/
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 16:07

Mike would not knick another track deliberately - even his traditional tunes are given "trad" as a credit... so if somebody else is due royalties, they'll be getting them I would think! Have to say I really like Lakme if that's the one you mean.
Profile PM 
Nicolas Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 16:53

Mike goes into this himself in the "track by track" part on www.mikeoldfieldlightandshade.com  :)

It's a Fruityloops demomsong he liked and worked on.
Profile PM 
MAMMAGAMMA Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 08:44

I'm afraid I have to disagree with Marky above. The very traditional tune "Romance" which we've all heard before is credited to Oldfield in the booklet.
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2005, 20:22

Quote (MAMMAGAMMA @ Sep. 28 2005, 13:44)
I'm afraid I have to disagree with Marky above. The very traditional tune "Romance" which we've all heard before is credited to Oldfield in the booklet.

Mike would not have produced the booklet, though, nor the artwork, nor the press release, nor the photographs.....
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 08 2005, 20:52

But he would still have final say over what was written, what the photographs were of, what the art work looked like etc. Looks like his ego got in the way
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2005, 08:53

If I'd been responsible for making Slipstream and Romance, I think I wouldn't be over-anxious to take credit for either of them.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2005, 09:18

A fair point
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 10 2005, 17:34

I prefer Slipstream to Highpass... The FL Studio track is not very exciting at all!

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
oney Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2005, 17:56

why all the hoile reactions to this album we have been waiting for it a while and it was well worth the wait , oh dear Mike used some other artist tracks and said so, my goodness what a shock. no one has never coverd his music have they? and sadly when his music has been coverd it never has the complexity or emtion that mike put's into his music.
as for people complaing about the vocals saying he should have used real singers, That was not what Mike wanted he wanted to use the software and he got the results he wanted.

we are here to listen to his music not tell him what to write otherwise we all would be great artists instead of some of us being idiots trying to knock down a great peice of art.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 12 2005, 18:05

Just because it's art it doesn't mean it isn't crap, and Light + Shade really is crap.
The Man who is He.. Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2005, 18:24

Quote (TanGram @ Nov. 12 2005, 18:05)
Just because it's art it doesn't mean it isn't crap, and Light + Shade really is crap.

I read this too many times now.
I don't like L+S, but it isn't crap, it is art.
I never use the word "CRAP", I prefer to say whether or not, (in my opinion) I think it is any good.
I never called anything crap since I heard The Sex Pistols.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 12 2005, 18:27

Ok. In my opinion, it is NOT any good.
Moz Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2005, 19:03

Quote (oney @ Nov. 12 2005, 22:56)
why all the hoile reactions to this album we have been waiting for it a while and it was well worth the wait , oh dear Mike used some other artist tracks and said so, my goodness what a shock. no one has never coverd his music have they? and sadly when his music has been coverd it never has the complexity or emtion that mike put's into his music.

What does "hoile" mean?

On the subject of Slipstream, I don't think that Highpass was a very exciting track to start with, so I'm not sure why Mike wanted to cover it anyway.

Overall, I like Light and Shade, but that's a discussion for another thread.  This thread is to talk about Slipstream.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 12 2005, 23:24

I find that Slipstream has really grown on me over the last few weeks. I think it's a lot of fun and like the tempo and the spookiness. Did you catch the Jason Cluts chat session held in October in association with oldfield.de and oldfield.info? Pretty interesting--the original announcement is here, in the tubular.net news.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
oney Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2005, 14:40

all Music is art and always ha been , of course we can all disagree if we like some piece or not but, Getting all hot in the head because something is not to our taste or no what we were expecting is just plainly wrong the artist is there to do the art and we are here to try and decode the style emotins etc of the art and to hopefully enjoy. We all can't live in the past Mike is after all progressive so we have to progress with his music not plant our feet in shifting sand hope that we can stay in the land of t.b. or ommadawn, We all move on together or some of us get buried under the shifting sand and have our ears sand blasted so we hear no more but, the memories of music and the dreams of what it sounded like.

Move and be moved by Mikes' music
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 2005, 17:17

oney, who are you talking to?

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
24 replies since Sep. 26 2005, 14:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net