Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Slight pause in Incantations.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ian Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 02 2005, 15:23

Has anyone noticed when Hiawatha african drums start that there is a slight pause in the picture and sound before Maddy starts singing? if not, I will take my copy back as it must be faulty.It really spoils the moment.
Profile PM WEB 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2005, 16:07

It actually can be found in the liner notes that there will be a slight pause in between incantations and TB at a certain point. This is not an error and will have to do with the amount of film being put on the disc.
So no need of returning to the shop. Just look at the back of the DVD and you'll know what I mean!
btw: The show's brilliant isn't it!!!! :)

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2005, 16:28

Ah yes, now I see.Its a shame though as the pause in Incantations  
is in a really good part with the drums.It spoils the rythm.Still very good DVD though.Is this the same guy who comes up with stuff like Light and Shade :/  what ever happened to him? Perhaps Exegesis is to blame.
Profile PM WEB 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2005, 18:20

Quote (ian @ Nov. 02 2005, 21:28)
Is this the same guy who comes up with stuff like Light and Shade :/  what ever happened to him? Perhaps Exegesis is to blame.

LOL  :laugh:

I doubt it, as we have Amarok, TSODE etc etc and many more greats  ;)

PLUS I like Light + Shade, what's wrong with it?  :/

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
hergest fridge
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 10 2005, 14:36

Nothing up with L+S,well except romance . Anyway the Exposed dvd is great , the only thing that i find strange is the way that mike interacts with the crowd.At times childish and others well distant .It must have been exegesis time
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Nov. 10 2005, 14:48

I'm not sure if I said it before, but my dad said that he looked like a right prick (twat) when coming on stage. His interaction is almost zero and even Gilmour interacts more with the audience.
Well this is his opinion, but I do like his clothes and cool to see him live when he was young... can't believe it... he was only 4 years older than me now... Not that I feel mature in any way :/

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Nov. 10 2005, 19:25

Quote (ian @ Nov. 03 2005, 05:28)
what ever happened to him? Perhaps Exegesis is to blame.

Actually, I feel the opposite way. From what I understand he did Incantations parts 3 and 4 after Exegesis, and I very much prefer these parts to the first two. They just seem to have so much more life and energy to them, at least in my view.

As for the DVD, it was very interesting to see such an early concert, in particular such a different interpretation of Tubular Bells. I very much enjoyed it, although I wish he hadn't gotten rid of those fast solos from Incantations parts 3 and 4. I would really love to see him play those.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
imhotep Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2007, 19:33

Mike seems to have problems knowing how to behave naturally in a large crowd. It doesn't mean he is cold or mean though. You can almost see at him when he plays that there is so much going on in his mind at times. He is an over-thinker I bet.
Profile PM 
7 replies since Nov. 02 2005, 15:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net