Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Simon Bates's CD of the Week on Classic FM< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 10 2008, 21:33

Simon Bates is featuring Music of the Spheres as his CD of the week on his show this week on UK radio station Classic FM. He'll be playing excerpts of it every morning just after 10am for the whole of this week.

Thanks, Matt
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 10 2008, 22:54

In the initial post on this topic, Matt mentioned MotS was at 42nd place on the list for top selling music at amazon.co.uk. The list is updated hourly, and when I checked five hours later, it was 30th. Now, ten hours later, it's at 24th place.

Climbing climbing.  :cool:
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 05:18

I can just hear it now.A few bars of Harbinger and then old Batesy rambling mournfully away over the top of it....."Now this story begins back in the autumn of 1963 when Sarah first met Rob.Who at the time was in his second year studying to be a Marine Biologist in Tunbridge Wells.."

Seriously though this can only be good news.Good to hear Classic FM getting behind the album.And being album of the week at least listeners should get to hear something more than the obvious tracks at least.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 08:01

Quote (Harmono @ Mar. 11 2008, 03:54)
In the initial post on this topic, Matt mentioned MotS was at 42nd place on the list for top selling music at amazon.co.uk. The list is updated hourly, and when I checked five hours later, it was 30th. Now, ten hours later, it's at 24th place.

Just placed my order at Amazon, and see that it's 20th now.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 09:06

Thre "Spheres" single is currently number 1 download at the 7digital site.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Taynie Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 09:15

I have joined the forum hoping to find out if Mike is doing any interviews in the press or TV in the next few days before the release of Spheres. It was an unexpected treat last spring to see and hear him on Tv and radio when promoting his book. I was kind of hoping he might do all that again or have interviews in the papers.  I expected to see reviews in the Sunday papers this weekend but didn't come across any.

Good to hear his music will be on the radio this week.

Feel excited for him and hoping for some build up to the release date.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 10:12

We were told he'd be coming to the UK around the time of the release date to do some interviews. I believe some journalists from the UK broadsheets were in Bilbao as well, though I'm not aware of there having been any reviews of the concert in any of the papers they represented (there seems to be a curious lack of coverage generally - there was a lot in the local press in Bilbao, but I haven't heard of anything elsewhere, apart from a single German article).
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 11:57

Just a few hours later, it's 19th at Amazon UK. This is quite promising, don't you think? (Though I suppose it may disappear without trace once all the preorders are fulfilled.)

Later note: It's now just over an hour since I posted the above, and it's dropped back to 21st place! Oh, the unpredictable whims of Amazon buyers!
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 17:15

Quote (Alan D @ Mar. 11 2008, 16:57)
Just a few hours later, it's 19th at Amazon UK. This is quite promising, don't you think? (Though I suppose it may disappear without trace once all the preorders are fulfilled.)

Later note: It's now just over an hour since I posted the above, and it's dropped back to 21st place! Oh, the unpredictable whims of Amazon buyers!

So you actually follow the Amazon charts by the hour?

Alan, you REALLY NEED to shut your computer down (yeah, I know it hurts) just for 1 hour and go outside in the real world...smell the air, get a beer, touch the roses (and maybe get mugged on your way home)  - it´s worth it, I promise you..   :D
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 17:34

Quote (prisoner.of.the.dark.sky @ Mar. 11 2008, 21:15)

Doesn't everyone?

[slipped to 22nd now, by the way]
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 00:14

Quote (prisoner.of.the.dark.sky @ Mar. 11 2008, 23:15)
Quote (Alan D @ Mar. 11 2008, 16:57)

Alan, you REALLY NEED to shut your computer down (yeah, I know it hurts) just for 1 hour and go outside in the real world...smell the air, get a beer, touch the roses (and maybe get mugged on your way home)  - it´s worth it, I promise you..   :D

At this moment it's 23rd, a little drop, but still good. Definitely all the "rose touching" I  need. :D
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 08:31

12th at the moment! Anyone know what bit Classic FM played this morning? If it was "On my heart" or a similarly great track that might explain the rise?

Can he make it into the top ten....... :O

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 09:12

Where's the link for this chart?

I want to start checking it by the minute.

Or maybe I should got on with some work?

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 09:47

Quote (clotty @ Mar. 12 2008, 14:12)
Where's the link for this chart?

Or maybe I should got on with some work?

Try this link. Or go to www.amazon.co.uk, click on music tab then click on "bestsellers".

Currently still 12th!

Much more interesting than work surely :p

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 10:24

Now it's 9th! Up 3 places in 10 minutes. Not bad for a classical recording.

Yes, chart watching is better than serving customers.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 11:32

Quote (clotty @ Mar. 12 2008, 13:12)

That's what I like to see. Good solid obsessional neurosis first, then therapy later.

Still 9th in music overall, but 7th in the 'rock' category, I see.
Profile PM 
Taynie Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2008, 07:24

Simon Bates this morning said that Mike will be talking to Classic FM as a guest on Sun 6 April.

Yeah, go Mike !!

--------------
once these things get going it's jolly hard to stop them again
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2008, 12:25

I heard the last track on the album played today on Classic FM and it was really really nice. Sounds like MIke but different than usual classical. I am glad I bought this pre ordered from Play. Hope he tours. Going to see Karl Jenkins's premiere in Liverpool tomorrow. Looking forward to that too. :D
Profile PM WEB 
Ratty Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2008, 11:55

Its 5th now.

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
18 replies since Mar. 10 2008, 21:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net