[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Silent Night, Well Known?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 08 2011, 20:56

I just found this video on youtube:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2178173130061455649#

It looks recent. The video imagery at the end reminds me of "Song of the Boatman".
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 09 2011, 03:18

Ive never seen this but I have the track.
It was the B side to the single of Tattoo of TB2.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2011, 06:44

Quote (Milamber @ Feb. 09 2011, 03:18)
Ive never seen this but I have the track.
It was the B side to the single of Tattoo of TB2.

I'm surprised it wasn't a Christmas single. I've heard Christmas carols so often that I can no longer respond positively to them, but the MO sound of this one is unbeatable.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2011, 08:38

Quote (nightspore @ Feb. 09 2011, 12:44)
I'm surprised it wasn't a Christmas single.

Yes, it was - at least here in Italy. "Tattoo" came out in four versions - a 12'', a cassette single (with a different B-side from the 12'' release) and two CD-singles. CD 1 was released at the beginning of December 1992, CD 2 towards the 15th (I think) and featured "Silent Night". To be clearer, the two CDs are the ones listed on this page - except that the one listed as "Live at Edinburgh Castle EP" came out simply as "Tattoo (Live)" here (on an ordinarily-sized CD, marked as "CD 1 of a 2-CD set") and the other one (with "Silent Night") came out as "Tattoo (Christmas Edition)", and it was marked as "CD 2" (always as an ordinary CD). The 5'' CDs were never released here. The 12'', which was released in November 1992, featured "Tattoo" and "Maya Gold" (both studio), while the cassette single featured the live version of "Tattoo" and the studio versions of "Maya Gold" and "Moonshine" - no "The Bell (Reprise)" Quite weird. :D I still love the way "Moonshine" is counted in on the live version ["One, two, onetwothreefour!" :)] and the way it's extended. It's quite better than the studio version.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2019, 17:01

Quote (Ugo @ Feb. 09 2011, 14:38)

Yes, it was - at least here in Italy. "Tattoo" came out in four versions - a 12'', a cassette single (with a different B-side from the 12'' release) and two CD-singles. CD 1 was released at the beginning of December 1992, CD 2 towards the 15th (I think) and featured "Silent Night". To be clearer, the two CDs are the ones listed on this page - except that the one listed as "Live at Edinburgh Castle EP" came out simply as "Tattoo (Live)" here (on an ordinarily-sized CD, marked as "CD 1 of a 2-CD set") and the other one (with "Silent Night") came out as "Tattoo (Christmas Edition)", and it was marked as "CD 2" (always as an ordinary CD). The 5'' CDs were never released here. The 12'', which was released in November 1992, featured "Tattoo" and "Maya Gold" (both studio), while the cassette single featured the live version of "Tattoo" and the studio versions of "Maya Gold" and "Moonshine" - no "The Bell (Reprise)" Quite weird. :D I still love the way "Moonshine" is counted in on the live version ["One, two, onetwothreefour!" :)] and the way it's extended. It's quite better than the studio version.

Not sure to understand two things on your post.
First, could you tell me what this Tattoo 12" is please? Never seen it

Second, you say that "Tattoo...marked as "CD 1 of a 2-CD set...could you show it to me please...there is nothing on mine

Thank you

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2019, 18:10

Good luck expecting a reply from Ugo (or Milamber or Scatterplot or Alan D or Bugular Tell or Caveman or Sweetpea etc - all apparent diehard MO fans for years but who apparently no longer care for his music.)
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Dec. 27 2019, 02:29

Quote (nightspore @ Dec. 27 2019, 00:10)
Good luck expecting a reply from Ugo (or Milamber or Scatterplot or Alan D or Bugular Tell or Caveman or Sweetpea etc - all apparent diehard MO fans for years but who apparently no longer care for his music.)

He is active on Facebook si maybe he will answer here

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Dec. 27 2019, 05:30

Quote (yanouch65 @ Dec. 26 2019, 23:01)
Quote (Ugo @ Feb. 09 2011, 14:38)

Not sure to understand two things on your post.
First, could you tell me what this Tattoo 12" is please? Never seen it

Second, you say that "Tattoo...marked as "CD 1 of a 2-CD set...could you show it to me please...there is nothing on mine

Thank you

Tattoo wasn't released as a 12" but as a 7" single:

https://www.discogs.com/de/Mike-Oldfield-Tattoo/release/597437

;)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 27 2019, 05:38

Quote (yanouch65 @ Dec. 27 2019, 02:29)
He is active on Facebook si maybe he will answer here

Fakebook you mean. If he's active there but not here he really has lost interest in Mike's music, and doesn't even have the excuse of being dead which is possibly true of some or all of the rest of them.

Reminds me of this Queen song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_6AC2u0E4E
Profile PM 
8 replies since Feb. 08 2011, 20:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net